300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Game 7-7 tie

Is anyone here complaining about this? I think it is silly. The managers and commissioner did what was right.

IF a pitcher overpitched in the game, or IF someone got injured as the players got tired and sloppy, well that wouldn't sit well with their team when they returned only to go on the DL.

I,for one, thought it was the right decision. Oh, and the MVP award name change, couldn't be named after a better guy. Ted Williams will live in all our memories as the best hitter, ever. (And from what I hear, one hell of a fly-fisherman, soldier, and just a great all-around guy!)

(I say Torii Hunter should have got it for that monster grab in the 2nd inning!)
    Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

ALl I heard was that the fans were mad, and getting liquored up, and that police were a little concerned about.

Comment

Baseball...yawn. The Best D*mn Sports Period was showing Ultimate Fighting.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

There was a baseball game last night? Wow I guess I did nt even know it was baseball season. All I know is that they are once again talking about a strike.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I for one am quite frankly tired of hearing how professional athletes don't make enough money. The average baseball player makes 2.8 million and i certainly can see how that might not be enough. Idiots, and it sure would be nice to see the fans teach the greedy players a lesson one day. Sheesh you can't even buy a darn sports shirt without dropping a small fortune.
          "To each his own"

Comment

No kiddin', and they don't even have to play if it's raining and cold. I generally don't care a whit for pro sports anymore, not even the Giants and 49ers. I hardly even pay any attention to NASCAR since in the last few years, the drivers seem to have lost their individuality to be polished corporate spokesman. Bring back Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarborough and the Allisons. Besides, I would rather participate firsthand than watch others do something.

[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: ateamer ]
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I agree, AT. Well, except for hockey. To me, that's the only REAL sport! I do think athletes are way overpayed though. Doesn't matter what sport they play, there's no need for them to be making that much money, especially when someone like me could use some of it!

[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

LOL you having trouble sleeping again tonight katey?

I think that the fans should do a walk out on the por teams when they strike. If the fans do not show up to buy a ticket then the sport has no revenue thus the players do not get paid and the owners and players will find out real quick where the power lies. All these athletes have a game they enjoy to play and get paid to play. If you are that good you should be paid but why not a resonable fee like $50-$60K a year? after all most only really work half a year.

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
                  LOL you having trouble sleeping again tonight katey?
                  klar,

It's the same story for me EVERY night. Some nights I'm asleep by 8:30, but I'm usually in bed by 9-10 and then up a few hours later. It's driving me insane.

Comment

I feel for you as I have bouts of imsomia myself. I hope that you are able to get some sleep soon.

Klar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4701 users online. 304 members and 4397 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X