Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ateamer
    replied
    An hour to clean a semiauto pistol? It takes me 20 minutes to get the Glock inspection-ready after firing several hundred rounds.

I use Shooter's Choice solvent (not sure if it's still sold, this bottle is years old), or Hoppe's #9 works too. After field-stripping the gun, run a patch with solvent through the barrel, then a brass brush. Follow with another patch with solvent, and more brush. Repeat until the patch comes out as clean as when it went in. Don't use too much solvent - the patch doesn't have to be dripping, just wet. Follow with a dry patch.

After the barrel is clean, I spray Gun Scrubber (just brake cleaner, really) to remove any solvent residue. The Gun Scrubber evaporates. Do not use Gun Scrubber on the receiver, as it removes the oil.

On the receiver, I use a Q-Tips with solvent and patches to clean the nooks and crannies.

After cleaning, fire up your compressor, if you have one, and give everything a good blast of air to remove all solvent and dust.

Follow cleaning with lubrication. The Glock gets a drop of Break-Free around the muzzle, on each of the four slide rails, one on the cruciform sear (the cross at the rear of the receiver) and one drop down into the inner workings at the right rear.

Reassemble and test function before loading. Seriously, I routinely do this process in 20 minutes and usually have the cleanest gun at inspection.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: ateamer ]

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    If you're shooting a GLOCK, I've heard a dishwasher works well.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]

Leave a comment:

• adaam000
    started a topic Anyone like Math??

Anyone like Math??

Here's one for you:

If I went to the shooting range today with two guns, a .45 and a 9mm, and I fired 300 rounds from the .45 and 30 rounds from the 9mm, over the coarse of an hour and a half or so, using 5 different silhoutte targets, spaced at 7 yards, 10 yards, and 25 yards....

WHY DID I BOTHER TO EVEN BRING THE 9MM AND SHOOT IT FOR 5 MINUTES ONLY TO COME HOME AND CLEAN IT FOR AN HOUR?!?!?!?!????

But seriously, does anyone know any legitimate "tricks" to shorten cleaning time for the boys after a day at the range?
    Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much.

Take care,
    Adam

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2402 users online. 140 members and 2262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X