300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to do it:(

I'm not doing this for a pat on the back. But something just happened I couldn't believe. I went to pick up my pain medication at the drugstore. A lady in front of mewas picking up her meds. The pharmacist asked her her name and said, Tylenol#3?" SHe said yes and he gave it to her. I paid for mine and as I ws leaving, I sw her stop by the water fountain, open her med bottle and take TWO pain pils. She started to walk away and I said, "Excuse me, but you should not be driving." She said, "Oh, they won't take effect til I get home." I said, "No, I can't morally let you do this.....and my bet is your meds instruction said ONE pill and you SHOULD not be driving even then."
    She just looked at me then tried to walk away but I just couldn't overlook it and stoped her. I said, "I WILL call the police if you don't have someone come and get you. They can come get your car later."
    She became irate and tried to walk away again. Only when she saw me walk back to the pharmacy to inform them did she come back. She pulled out her cell phone and said, nastily,"You have to come get me cause this broad won't let me drive cause I took my pain pills". Then she huffed over and sat down.
    I told her that I had pain pills also but I was waiting until I got home to take them. She told me what I could do wil my pills in a very unladylike fashion. Really hurt my feelings I walked off and the pharmacist stopped me out of sight and asked me how many she took and I told him 2. So now he's calling her dr.
    I have a big mouth but I my conscience won out.

Don't feel bad. My worst, WORST "pet peeve" is people who drive under the influence of anything. Before we were married, my wife was struck from behind by a drunk driver while she was waiting at a light. Fortunately for her, insurance took care of it, and to appease my anger, the guy actually got jail time (so I'm guessing it wasn't his first offence).

My wife got off easy, with almost a year of physical therapy and constant back pain. Seriously, don't feel bad about stopping that lady. Feel good about it. People kill thousands of other people driving other the influence each year. You might have saved somebody a horrifying (and tragic) time because you threatened to call the cops.

Normally "busybodies" irritate me, but in cases like this, you're being the responsible person when another refuses to
    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Thanks...The fact she took 2 leads me to believe she may be heading toward an addiction so maybe that will be helped too. I can UNDERSTAND her wanting to take them. I wanted to take mine too because my back is killing me. But my conscience does not allow me to do it.
      My son got upset with me last week because he didn't have a ride home and called me. I had just taken my pain pill and told him I could not drive. He said, "Oh, Mom, one pill isn't going to hurt you." I said, "No, but it may hurt someone else." He found a ride home. I explained to him that while you may not FEEL impaired when you take medication, you are. Your reaction time is slower, your thought process is slower and it's not readily apparent to YOU.
      He said he understood. It is a hassle for him getting home because he can't drive. SO, now I wait to take my pill, if I have to take it, until I know he's on his way home. And he bought up a good point too. He said,"If you shouldn't drive after taking a pain pill, you shouldn't drive in pain either, Mom." He's right

Comment

MITZI- I don't know where in Florida you live, but I want to thank you for doing your part to keep Forida's roads a little safer. You and her pharmacist did the right thing. You may have kept her from hurting or killing herself or, God Forbid, someone else...perhaps even a child. I know you didn't do it for pats on the back, but you deserve them. Way to go...
        "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." -Forrest Gump

Comment

Good job Mitzi. All the grey-haired yankee women who migrated south for their golden years and still haven't figured out how to shut off their turn signal are a little safer cuz of you.

Seriously though, nobody should be driving impaired. Especially with a prescription drug, the warning is on the label for a reason. Unfortunately people don't realize how much it affects them until it's too late.

Comment

Good job Mitzi!! One less accident looking for a place to happen. Couldn't she read the label or just didn't care?
            Acetaminophen-codeine may make you drowsy when you first start taking it or change doses. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how acetaminophen-codeine affects you. Do not sit or stand up quickly. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells
            But the big question is, were you wearing your tea dress and heels AND did you get arrested?
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I got to admit you one tough lady and might have saved a life. Touche.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

thank you mitzi that could have been my family

Comment

Originally posted by jpa:
                  Good job Mitzi. All the grey-haired yankee women who migrated south for their golden years and still haven't figured out how to shut off their turn signal are a little safer cuz of you.
                  Florida, with all it's warts, is like any other state. We have families with children, childless couples, single parents and yes, more than our share of elderly people. As a mom, sister to a single parent and daughter to an elderly couple, it's nice to know that some people care enough to help keep Florida's streets clear of morons who drink and/or drug and drive.

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: BeatleFan ]
                  "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." -Forrest Gump

Comment

Yes, 207, I had my tea dress on. Maybe that's why my back hurt....girdles can kill you know! And no, I never get arrested. I even stand on the corner with a sign that says, "Will work for quarters" and the cops STILL won't arrest me! lol

Comment

Quarters? come on Mitzi stop charging sooo much that is probally why your not getting arrested they all know your tooo high priced to do anything illegal LOL

Klar
                      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I refuse to work for less then a quarter....Why, just my earrings cost that much! Ok, so which one of you guys are gonna arest me? Huh? Huh? Huh? If I get jellybean to stand on the corner, that a 2 for 1 deal! And use real handcuffs and take pictures!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6260 users online. 366 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X