300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns are OK, but no DEFECATING !!!

rumor has it that Michael Moore is going to sue!!

--------------------------------------------------

Bend Proposes to Outlaw Body Odor on City Buses

BEND, Ore. (AP) -- Planning to ride the bus in Bend? You might not want to skip your morning shower.

Proposed new city rules would ban anyone who "emanated a grossly repulsive odor that is unavoidable by other Bend Extended Area Transit customers" from being in bus stations or on the buses.

The regulations would also prohibit spitting, defecating , smoking and skateboarding.

"It's an effort to keep the riding experience as pleasant and safe as possible," said Bend city attorney Jim Forbes, who pointed out that the city already has an ordinance prohibiting people from releasing "highly objectionable odors" from their property.

The Bend City Council on Wednesday will consider preliminary approval of the ordinance at a meeting Wednesday.

The city's transit system is currently reservations-based. Last year, the city expanded the transit service for seniors and the disabled into a service for the general public, but no scheduled routes have been so far been established.

The draft ordinance would also require riders to wear shirts and shoes, agree not to curse in the presence of a minor or someone who might be offended, or extend body parts through the windows and doors of a moving vehicle.

Forbes said he will recommend that riders be allowed to carry a firearm if they have a concealed weapons permit with them, because the city can't overrule a state law that allows people to have concealed handgun permits.
    --------------------------------------------------

and don't bring that collicky pooping baby on our buses either or we'll run him in too.

[ 01-13-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

It's about time someone took a stand against BO. This man is a hero in my book.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

We could use a BO law in Toronto. [Eek!]
      All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

quote:
        Forbes said he will recommend that riders be allowed to carry a firearm if they have a concealed weapons permit with them
        I have a concealed weapon called an *****blaster. It make a horrible odor.

Comment

They should include nasty smelling perfume applied with a spray gun.
          Bill R

Comment

I agree, BillR. i worked in a couple small post offices, where you were in very close quarters with everyone very early in the morning.

different times we had new employees start who doused themselves in perfume. people were actually nauseous from it... and the postmaster told them, PLEASE no perfume in the morning. there was someone there with horrible BO, though, and she was never told [Eek!]
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I agree with BillR too. I get nauseous from most perfumes. I used to tease my FIL that he must go swimming in the stuff. I guess he didn't feel fully dressed without it. Just about died when I had to go somewhere in the car with him.

Comment

i had an associate who worked here in my office that wore the most horrendous perfume. she must have bathed in it. it was enough to gag a maggot.

some women don't know the meaning of a "little dab" of perfume.

a freind of mine used to have the "B.O." problem until his former employer finally took him to task about it. he has since "cleaned" up his act...thank God. sometimes he would really reek.

being unkempt is one thing, BUT just out and out having bad or no hygiene....well, there's no reason for that. take a shower, use deodorant, brush your teeth, and comb your hair. how hard is that???

my dog has better hygiene then some people, and that's AFTER he rolled in something outside.
                I'll post, You argue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3373 users online. 191 members and 3182 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X