300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiots Armed with Fireworks.

First off before I say anything on this topic, I would like to sincerely apologize to Don, and anyone else I offended. Who most likely wont be to glad to see I came back. Anyhow...

As I know I dont have to tell anyone, just a few days ago was July 4th. While it stands for freedom and libberty, which after 9/11 we could all use. It also showed extreme stupidity and violence with the fireworks. Let me explain, in both Ohio and Michigan, fireworks that leave the ground are very illegal. Unless I believe you have a warrant or something of this nature. Or at least do what farmers do and fire it into wide empty fields. Well were I live, these fields are no where to be found. And neither states have gotten alot of rain. In a mobile home community like the one I live in, not only is it illegal but it is stupid. On July forth we had some running around to do, so we left at about eleven. Well, my mother sees something in our yard. It is a firework, used. With gunpowder still in it. We had been very lucky because it appeared to have rolled off our roof.

So we call the Erie Police, and tell them about it. He says he will tell the officer who will be on later that night to keep an hear open for fireworks in our park.

Sure enough we have to call them, and they show up, I was in the house so I dont know what they said exactly, but as my mother leads one of the officers to the house, the other taking the used firework into evidence I believe, guess what the idiots did. They did their grand ending right infront of the cops. They got back in the car and drove over, hoping to get there before the smoke clears. They did.

The sad thing is, I hear the same type of fireworks right now.

Now it is time I got to act like myself on these forums. I left to make sure that wrongs my "friends" did was corrected. So now I can act the way I normally do. And not look like an *** on these forums. Though I must admit, I did quite well.

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: Branden Whitney ]
    I'd rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

EDIT**

Sorry wrong button. You werent rude. Infact, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    But my computer is messing up, I believe someone sent me a virus. That had my name on it. In more ways than one.

Considering alot of people live in these areas, you are very right.

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: Branden Whitney ]

Comment

You know, I don't mean to be rude, but it's not neccessary to quote the entirety of someone's post -- ESPECIALLY when there are only two posts in the entire thread! Believe me, no one wants to read your entire post twice. And if you don't do the "quote" tags right, it makes it hard to figure out where your quote stops and your new stuff begins.

Anyways, anyone shooting off fireworks in those dry states has the potential to spark another big fire. They are idiots, and I hope they get a smack.

Comment

Do you not think it's a bit much to be calling the police with fireworks complaints on July 4th? Come on.

Comment

First off, it was not July 4th. We found the used firework on the July 5th.

Second, they were fired in a Mobile Home Community, meaning all the houses are close together.

Third, with how dry it was, we a very lucky we dont have another huge fire to deal with.

Let me explain further on, behind the house are tons a high grass, one farmers feild, and forest. The fireworks were being fired into very deep and thick vegitaion. Which if the fireworks had fallen into, could have taken out the entire block easily.

Most importantly, we ignored them on July 4th due to the fact of the holliday, and would not had called if the police had not told us to call them on site. I can see where you would think we should have just ignored it. But think about this, where I live, we are on top of the state line. So if one of those fireworks had set a fire, God forbid, it would likely set both sides of the border on fire. Killing many people. These were no Sparklers, or even grounded fireworks, these were the type used in the fireworks shows.

I can, once again see why you would think it is extreme to call them in. But even the cop we talked to was in shock that as he said "Someone, an adult, would do something of this matter."

It might be a bit much, that is up to you to decide, but really, I dont think even if it was July forth that someone has the right to risk what they were, for something that stupid. But it wasnt on July fouth.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: Branden Whitney ]

Comment

Heh, well, our local fire started on July 5th. In a state owned field next to our house.

It all started when I drove over the railroad tracks and saw two Rangers speaking with three rather stressed and scared looking teenagers. Minutes later at home, an eery yellow glow wafts over the house and then sirens, helicopters, the whole works. It's been very dry, and so the fire wasn't too appeasing towards the firemen. Luckily one of those handy CDF helicopters was around... They can fill themselves up with water in under a minute, it's really quite amazing.

Being a seaside community, I don't think we have to worry about fireworks quite as much (I'm probably wrong though). Anywho, the beach was complete pandemonium! Several miles of beach and just fireworks of all sorts going off along the entire length of it... Rather fun!
            Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
            -Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you n567,

The only reason we called the cops was because with how smashed in the houses were, we could have lost 50 people in a fire, easily. And we have a serious problem with them here.

Was anyone hurt?

Comment

Nah. They were able to contain it pretty well, took 2 1/2 hours to put out, but the fire was right next to the ocean, so the helicopter didn't have far to travel when it was refilling...
                Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                -Mark Twain

Comment

They poured salt water on the grass fire? Wait until the green earth folks find out about that!

Years ago, we used to go watch the firewroks display from a restaurant off the freeway. It was high up on a hill, with an excellent view of downtown. You could see the fireworks very well. The last time we went to it, we were waiting for the show to begin when a couple of guys started shooting off bottle rockets. They were shooting them from their hands and letting them fly across the freeway.

Well, one bottle rocket landed on the grass by the shoulder of the road and started a grass fire. The two rocket launchers ran away, and a passing motorist stopped and put out the fire.

Fireworks are dangerous when used irresponsibly. I would not hesitate to call the police for that. Just like I believe in owning guns, I would call the police if I saw someone walking down the street shooting. Doesn't mean there should be a special place in hell for me, it just means I believe in safety and responsibility.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3996 users online. 245 members and 3751 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X