Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glockarmorer
    replied
    2003 Crown Vic here. My take-home "office". Hell no I don't abuse it!!! I take good care of it. Don't spin the tires, don't jump the medians, keep it clean, keep the maintenance up to date. The county pays for it, but its MY car, why would I beat on it???

Leave a comment:

• OfficerWannaBe
    replied
    When I was in the Explorers in Balto, MD, we got to try the EVOC course. Good thing the car I was in was a late 80's Caprice! I slipped on the wet roads during the course, smashed the passenger side into a concrete barrier, knocked the one side of the pusher bar off, and tore the light bar off the top. The FTO who was with me looked stunned, then laughed and said he was glad I wasn't an officer.

Leave a comment:

• Fastie
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by ateamer:
    And I rarely stop for less than 20 over the limit on the freeway.

Have I mentioned lately how wonderful I think you are?

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I make an exception for freeways. Not too many deer, cars pulling out of driveways, kids on skateboards and dogs on freeways.

And I rarely stop for less than 20 over the limit on the freeway.

Leave a comment:

• J-WS6
    replied
    All cops drive slowly ! How annoying is it when your on the interstate, in a 65 limit, and theres a deputy in the inside lane doing 65, and they seem to get mad if someone passes them !

Talk about driving miss daisy!

(Joke for those that missed it

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I drive fairly slowly for a cop. Going faster might get me to a detail 20 seconds earlier, which won't make a difference. If you crash en route, you won't get there at all, which doesn't help anyone. On top of that, I don't trust the handling on Crown Vics on twisty back roads.

Leave a comment:

• Southpaw
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dukeboy01:
    When you're on your seventh cruiser in six years, you tend not to get attached to them. Besides, I'm a FTO and that adds to the wear and tear quite a bit. My current rookie ran over a landscaped median in an almost empty parking lot last night. No reason. Just HUA.

LOL! I remember one of my FTOs screaming (like a girl) once. On second thought, he sounded just like my EVOC instructor

We just got a new reserve class of 7 pumped-up males and I cannot wait for the stories to start rolling in. In the last class not only did one guy smash his FTOs cruiser into a highway retaining wall, he also sprayed the interior with OC spray when his cannister somehow got "accidentally deployed."

Leave a comment:

• Dukeboy01
    replied
    When you're on your seventh cruiser in six years, you tend not to get attached to them. Besides, I'm a FTO and that adds to the wear and tear quite a bit. My current rookie ran over a landscaped median in an almost empty parking lot last night. No reason. Just HUA.

My cruiser is a tool, nothing more. I run it through the free carwash at Shell whenever it gets too dirty, but I save the detailing for my personal cars.

Leave a comment:

• Fastie
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by SO 5150:
    Fastie, I learned to drive fast in your backyard...Moffett NAS (EVOC)

I think it might be time for a refresher course... Fastie's EVOC Training.... hmm... and it will be free too... as long as I don't get any tickets when I do the demo runs...

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy_Brown
    replied
    in the MET (LONDON) the Police Stations are issued with cheap "family" type cars to patrol /respond in

but on top of that, each Police station gets ONE powerful, high performance car, that is known as "the area car"

this car is always double manned and is "expected" to go to the "immediate/ fast time" calls

TRUE STORY
    anyway, when I was posted over at Heathrow, this buddy of mine is posted on the area car, call sign "Hunter 1" (true) and the Sgt posts WITH HIM, this gorgeous new female officer

they drive over to the sewage works, which is coincidentally built next to the take off runways of the airport

my buddy parks the top cop car, reversed back into one of the many "$h1t baking lakes" of the sewage works, just at the edge, quite secure

hehe, nobody will find them there, while casanova gets in a few cuddles and kisses

the two lecherous lovers, become passionate and move into the back of the cop car, to continue their true love at frantic speed

suddenly, they realise that the car is SLIPPING back, it's poxy MOVING! [Eek!]

before they can scramble to the front of the car, the car slides 20' back down the vat of "$h1t" and begins SINKING

jees they have to radio for help, don't worry they didn't drown - but every year for the next few years... the British Airports Authority used a photograph of BAA heavy lifting gear pulling that "$h1t" covered car out of the lake, ON their company Christmas card!!

odd choice for a Xmas card, [Wink] BUT they obviously thought it was funny

Leave a comment:

• Southpaw
    replied
    We have five reserve teams and each one has a vehicle. Reserve vehicles are "handed down" from the full-timers after they abuse the crappe out of them. They then go into the pool. My current vehicle is a 1998 CV with more median, pasture, and airborne miles than highway miles. The a-frame bushings are pretty well gone (150K) and it shakes a bit, but the air conditioner is kick-***. Priorities are priorities

Leave a comment:

• SO 5150
    replied
    Ateamer, LOL , it's "081" for me baby

Fastie, I learned to drive fast in your backyard...Moffett NAS (EVOC)

Leave a comment:

• Fastie
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by SO 5150:
    I drive the oldest car in the fleet and I drive like a grandma. I used to drive a little on the quick side. Funny thing is I wasn't going fast or driving crazy either of the two times I wrecked the newest cars in the fleet [Eek!]

<eg> ... I'll give you some driving lessons if you need them.... hee hee hee....

Leave a comment:

• adw 245 Jr.
    replied
    This one time at EVOC. (emergency vehicle operation center).
    70 mph. in reverse with lane discipline into a J turn.

Thank god the Instructor or Training Officer didn

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    Hey, if it wasn't MY car, I'd spin it, jump curbs, speed through mud-holes, and do random chaos too.

Hey, wait, I do do that with my car

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5532 users online. 302 members and 5230 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X