300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admit it...You abuse the cruiser!

My wife and I detailed the car on Sunday and went for a loooong drive around town. It was an exciting night to be out, I guess, what with the Memorial Day weekend and the shooting and all...

Anyway, TONS of LEOs roaming about. One thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a cop on Earth who doesn't like to have fun in the car.

It's little things...The donuts I saw one do in a snowy parking lot this winter when he thought no-one was looking...racing the engine through the giant puddle of water, sending a giant cascade of water down on the skate-park...the rapid acceleration from a stopped position and U-turns that leave rubber when the thermos runs low...

So admit it. What was the worst thing you've done when you're behind the wheel? I'll even accept stories when you're not in uniform...cause I'll bet quite a few of you like power under the hood.
    I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

erm, since I dont have a cruiser, the worst i've managed in my civilian car is 150mph on the M1 in the UK

Comment

Since someone from my PD reads this board, I'll take the '5th'.
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

i've only had the cajones to get it up to 148mph.

you'd be surprised how high you can get a big *** crown victoria in the air.

don't even get me started on construction holes. can you say 1600 miles on the odometer and $4500 in frame damage? [Eek!]

Comment

I'll take the 5th also.
          Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I drive the oldest car in the fleet and I drive like a grandma. I used to drive a little on the quick side. Funny thing is I wasn't going fast or driving crazy either of the two times I wrecked the newest cars in the fleet [Eek!]
            "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

No wonder you get the old car !

Comment

I assigned it to myself and no-one seemed to have a problem with that.

[ 05-28-2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: SO 5150 ]
                "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

As long as it starts with a "0" or "1", you're okay, 5150...

[ 05-28-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: ateamer ]
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I patrol in a Ford Expedition 4X4. We have kilometers and kilometers of training area. I've spent hours out there ripp'in up the tails.....dent...what dent [Wink] !!!

Comment

I hit a series of small hills (called the ticklebellies for a reason) at 90 in the Impala. Impala's sit lower than the Crown Vics. My Sgt. was behind me and said that the sparks looked like fireworks going off.

Previous employer. No damage.
                      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

No wonder why that car is [email protected]#$ed up. There is a reason why the CSO drives it. [Eek!]
                        That which does not kill you can only make you stronger.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Deputy Joe:
                          No damage.

I repeat, No Damage.
                          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

The statute of limitations isn't up yet

Comment

Hey, if it wasn't MY car, I'd spin it, jump curbs, speed through mud-holes, and do random chaos too.

Hey, wait, I do do that with my car

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6671 users online. 378 members and 6293 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X