300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July celebration complaint

I attended a fireworks show last night in Idaho Falls, ID (allegedly the biggest west of the Mississippi). A local radio station choregraphed music to go with the fireworks. And of course it was sprinkled throughout with patriotic sentiment and references to 9/11. But then the music. We get "We Will Rock You" by Queen. Any other year fine but Queen is a BRITISH group. Then we get God Bless America (no I'm not ranting God) sung by Celine Dion who is frigging CANADIAN. ARRRRGHHHHH!!. How about some American songs by American artists.

Zamboni, what are you complaining about? I went to our street fair yesterday and about half of the music was in Spanish!
    Paul

Comment

Well, listening to anything by Celine Dion is enough to get me to jam a spoon through my ears ...

Comment

She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice and by the number of records she sells in the United States alone she can't be that bad.

Comment

Repeated listenings of "My Heart Will Go On" (damn RADIO!) have biased me against the evil woman!

Comment

Whatcha' bellyaching about? Our own national anthem is sung to the tune of an old English drinking song.
            Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Think they could have stayed strickly American for one Day. Down hear they have to j*** up the Star Spangled Banner.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I have been offically boycotting Celine Dion ever since her last CD was released and encoding prevents you from playing it on your computer. It will literally make yoru computer crash if you do so attempt it.

I liked her before that.. but yes, that Titanic song got horrid after a while.
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I listened to SOUTHERN ROCK most of that night. I have a pretty good selection of FM stations to choose from while patrolling.
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                  -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5048 users online. 274 members and 4774 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X