Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Dead in Shooting at LAX Airport

LOS ANGELES

The mayor, the chief of police, and the fbi, are all on tv lying about this right now. If I had been the shooter, no time would be wasted in reporting a white male had "done it".

They won't say what the race of the shooter was. They do keep saying there is no reason to believe the was a terror related attack.

This re-affirms my opinion that the gun free zone if the most unsafe place in America, and that all politicians should be eliminated.

I say it was a middle eastern male aded 19 - 45. We'll see.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Comment

Mayor Han says there are too many guns in America. You all know what I say.

Comment

It's not a good day to live in the LA area...

A small plane crashed in San Dimas (about 25-30 miles east of LA, in LA County). This happened at crowded Bonelli Park. I think they are saying about 6 dead with 16 wounded. Witnesses report that they believe that the pilot was having problems with the plane and it doesn't appear to be intentional. I'm at work now and I'm expecting it to get busy. Everyone have a safe 4th of July.
        A closed mouth gathers no foot. --Unknown

Comment

HNDLC3,

At this point, it is actually one dead and at least 10 are injured, including 2 children. This is one sad Forth. Today as I watch the fireworks, I will not only remember those who died for our freedom, but I will remember those who have lost their lives today. My prayers are with the families and friends of those who died today. My prayers are also with those who are working these events.

Mike, one of those interviewed (A french businessman) noted that the person seemed to be of "Middle eastern Race" but that he could not be sure exactly. We'll see. I personally believe that this is not what they are saying it is.... isolated.

Those who are working, be safe. Those who are not working, be safe. God bless.

Godside

Comment

Thanks Godside, but my point was media bias.

Comment

Right now they seem to be basing their beliefs on the fact that IF it were some kind of planned act of terrorism it would be MUCH bigger. but no one can say yet anyway, it's too soon. is it a terrorist nut or just a regular nut??
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else think that given:

*9/11
                *the war in Afganistan
                *the known threats that we would be hit again
                *the warnings from the FBI that today was a the day for a big incident
                *that they were in one of the busiest, largest airports in the country

that anyone who can still be quoted as saying "I thought it was just a prank" HAS THEIR HEAD UP THEIR *** TO THE SHOULDERS???????

I am sickened to read this in regular news stories when something happenes in any city-that anyone is so naive as to think gunshots are firecrackers but still, everytime..."We thought it was an act or something... "

Duh-huh...

No wonder we're such easy targets.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
                People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

This re-affirms my opinion that the gun free zone if the most unsafe place in America, and that all politicians should be eliminated.
                  Why? El-Al security was on hand, with guns. The outcome still would have been the same if Joe Blow had been armed and drawn his weapon when the suspect opened fire.

Right now they seem to be basing their beliefs on the fact that IF it were some kind of planned act of terrorism it would be MUCH bigger. but no one can say yet anyway, it's too soon. is it a terrorist nut or just a regular nut??
                  It's not a terrorist attack. At least, not by "Al Queda" (or other). For one thing, if it was one of those, they'd probably have walked in strapped with dynamite.

It's just a regular nut who happens to be middle eastern.

Mike, one thing I've noted on the news (or at least the local news) is they always give the race of the subject: "a black male", "a hispanic male", "a middle eastern male" ... unless the suspect is white, in which case its usually just "a male" ...

Comment

Firstly, MikeTX is right to comment on the lack of identification of the "gunman" at LAX. Usually media agencies are quick to get a name and photo up on the screen. I have scanned all the major news websites and none give the country of origin of the "gunman".

Secondly, Crazyinajeep...I respectfully think you are very wrong indeed to say that this situation would have ended up the same if any "joe blow" was carrying a weapon there. It just so happens that El Al security personnel are 1) ex military, 2) are trained by the Shin Bet/Shabak the Israeli General Security Service and 3) have more often than not experienced many times over real terror attacks previously.

I get very concerned at the general misconception that you go buy a gun and that alone qualifies you as being trained in close quarter battle techniques, firing under fire and stress and keeping a cool head in a crazy situation.

IMHO, any "joe blow" reacting to such a situation versus an experienced and highly trained government level security guard can bring two very distinct end results. ( I believe one report on MSNBC.com states that the head of El Al security was the security officer involved). Thank G-d the person responding to this attack was well trained and wasnt just any "Joe Blow"
                    Never, Never, Never Give Up!
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

IMHO, any "joe blow" reacting to such a situation versus an experienced and highly trained government level security guard can bring two very distinct end results. ( I believe one report on MSNBC.com states that the head of El Al security was the security officer involved). Thank G-d the person responding to this attack was well trained and wasnt just any "Joe Blow"
                      Sorry. I should have been more clear, but my point was that guys with guns were on the scene, and thus it being a "gun free" zone really had no impact on the end result. Yes?

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Comment

Crazyinajeep....I'm with you now.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Family members identified the male victim as 46-year-old Yakov Aminov, of Los Angeles. He died in surgery as a result of his wounds.
                          From CNN.com. He's got a name.

Comment

I hope they're not referring to the shooter as a "Victim".
                            Bill R

Comment

crazyinajeep this is not the name of the gunman but a male victim seeing off family members. I was referring to the identity or country of origin of the attacker, not any of the victims. FYI, Yakov is Hebrew for Jacob and this victims family name is also very Israeli.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: ZalmanEmmes ]
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11897 users online. 507 members and 11390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X