300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally settled

We finally moved. We are about 80% moved into the new house and most importantly, we have DSL. No more dial up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything seems to be even better than we had hoped. Our children are beyond happy. Especially the 13 and 14 year old girls. They were the starting basketball guards and one was season MVP back home. They found two 14 and 15 year old brothers who are the local basketball stars the first day we were here. So far, seems all platonic.

The only problem so far is, of course, my dogs. They seem to think my wife's flower beds are a fine place to dig a hole and get out of the heat. I'm working on a solution. Sherri has informed me if I don't come up with one by next weekend, she has one that will work permanently [Eek!]

Next step is to get my wood shop set up again and get the half dozen or so projects I'm way behind on going again.

All in all, it appears this was definately the right move.

I'm glad that you're getting settled in. We moved in October. Moving is always a pain.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

I am dreading our move. We are planning on moving in about 4 or 5 years.

I bet it isn't for a few months that everything gets back to normal (ie. all the pictures on the walls).
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Glad to hear things are going well, DR.

I hope the dog situation works out amicably for all.
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Good show on the move! I'm still unpacking 7 months later! BLAH!

P.S. If you get a cat then the dogs attention might well be diverted!

Comment

DR,

Glad things seemed to have worked for you....

Moving stinks, especially when it involves the military...I just moved and will be moving again in a few months...uuuugggghhhh!!!

Take care
            "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
            --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

I'm moving on June 10th - I can't wait! From a 330 sq. foot studio to a 2-bedroom apartment with over twice the square footage (and only $100 more a month).

Now, here's the problem. I've only got the ONE day to move all my stuff. Not a huge problem - the new place is about a mile down the road. Here IS the problem ... I'm borrowing my boss' truck to move, and I've only got it from 9am to 2pm. The guys I've enlisted to help me move aren't going to show up until 11. So I've got about two and a half hours to move all my crap. Plus I've gotta be back at my new place by 2 to wait for the cable guy, AND I've got to spackle all the holes in my old place, and urgh. It's going to be a FUN day.

Comment

Glad you happy DR. Crazy God Bless you. You got a problem.
                Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who's had to put up with moving! Hope you like your new pad (and maybe the wife and I can make it out your way again!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2181 users online. 146 members and 2035 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X