• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my...

Isn't this forum quiet today? [Frown]
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

YES IT IS!

Oh sorry, didn't mean to shout. Thought it might wake 'em up.
    Everybody must be out playing or working.

As for me I'm out playing, just stopped in for a quick [email protected]@k-see.
    Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

Hey, I have had a headache for almost two weeks off and on. I had one for a week staight and it stopped for a few days then BAM! I wake up this morning and it feels like someone slammed my head in the cardoor. I have taken every kind of medicine there is and nothing helps. Anybody got any ideas on what to do? I have actually thought about going to the doctor but what dweeb goes to the doctor for a headache? SO, any thoughts?
      In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Shorty, now I'm really sorry I shouted.

If you've had the headache for that long and it's that bad, go to the doctor !

Have you ever had migraines before? A serious headache can be a sign of something being wrong, well of course, or you wouldn't have the pain.

The news the other day told of an epilepsy drug being used for migraines with much success. Not to say that's your problem, BUT you'll never know if you Don't Go To The Doc. [Eek!]
        Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

Never downplay a headache, shorty...It's probably just stress but ask at least for a CAT scan

Comment

Do you have allergies or have you ever been tested for any?

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by shorty:
              I have actually thought about going to the doctor but what dweeb goes to the doctor for a headache? SO, any thoughts?

shorty,

My daughter used to get headaches ALL the time during school. I was really worried that something was wrong and took her to see the doc. She had all kinds of tests done. Everything from making sure there wasn't something serious, such as, God forbid, tumors, to being allergy tested. She ended up needing glasses (reading only, but severe enough to cause the headaches). She got glasses and is all better.

I echo the sentiments of the others - see your doc. Let us know one way or the other how things progress.

Take care.

Comment

quote:
                I have taken every kind of medicine there is and nothing helps. Anybody got any ideas on what to do? I have actually thought about going to the doctor but what dweeb goes to the doctor for a headache? SO, any thoughts?

After a few years of suffering this dweeb went to the doctor because nothing over the counter worked for me. I was prescribed Zomig ZMT (disolving tablets) the stuff actually works to get rid of the migraines.
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Thanks for all of the posts. To answer a few questions...

Yes, I have been diagnosed with migraines (prescribed Imitrex) but this doesn't feel like a migraine. It hurts on the top of my head instead of the usual pain from light, noise, etc.

Yes, I do have allergies and sinus problems. I have tried taking the meds that I usually take for this (that always helps) with no success.

Yes, I have had my eyes checked and do wear glasses for long distances and night driving only. I have a stigmatism.

I don't know what the heck it is. I have thought about everything that could be causing it with no suitable answers. I haven't eaten anything different or worn perfume or anything that triggers a headache. I did think that maybe my blood pressure could be high. I started having a lot of trouble with it before I quit work due to some "unnecessary stress" that was being put on me. But, I haven't been worried of it lately since I virtually have no stress now.
                  My H and I are going out to eat tonight (since Mom volunteered to keep my son tonight! [Wink] ) So, I think we'll swing by the drug store and have it checked on one of those little machines.

Comment

shorty hope the headaches goes away. My dad gets really bad headaches! If it rains,snows,or if the dew point gets to high he gets crippling headaches!They get so bad he can't get out of bed. growing up every other weekend he was bed ridden. He'll make up a few times for a hot water bottle and some oatmeal then back to bed he goes.
                    The guy is sooooooo lucky to be alive;

In high school had a motorcycle accident, lost his sense of smell.

Fell of our two story house, and landed on a pile of bricks [Eek!] broke his back.

Was working at a printing plant when a machine malfunctioned, the electrical shock sent him flying across the room, knocking him un councious for 2 days, totaly messed up his back.

Plus several more accidents. The funny thing his he was suppose to be paralyize twice and dead once.Yet, this yahoo is 54years old running marathons, beating twenty year olds!!!
                    Anyone from the China Grove area of NC will see him running all over the place. His wacked, but he's my dad

[ 09-27-2002, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Mortal Knight ]

Comment

As Arnold once said.... "It's not a tumahhh".

Get checked out Shorty, best to be safe.

Comment

Okay guys and girls, here's the update to shorty's headache.

We went to the drugstore and checked it and my B/P was only 122/ 77 which I thought was very good so Dr. Shorty is ruling out blood pressure.

I fell a couple of months ago and sprained my ankle and the doctor gave me Ibprofen 800 mg (because I refuse to take Narcotics so I asked for something that is non-narcotic). Well, being that I didn't want to be a wuss, I didn't take many of them because I would rather make my body overcome the pain. So, tonight, I decided that I am indeed a wuss. So I took one. It seemed to help. The headache is not completely gone, but I do feel a lot of relief. If it persists for a couple of days, I'll go to the doctor. Thanks for all of your thoughts and concerns!

BTW, Mortal, your dad seems like a very strong man. Most people would have already given up or would use all he's been thru as a reason to not do anything. (you know you see all these people on disability that you really do think they could work if they wanted or the person that has a handicapp tag BUT they beat you running in the store?) So be proud your father is very respectable!

Comment

glad you are feeling a little better I do love and respect my Dad, but he is still wacked [Wink] He's a very giving caring man. And i 'm glad i am his son.

Comment

That's good Mortal. It seems that I see so many people taking for granted their parents. I have a great step father that I actually call "dad". He would do anything for me anytime and I would do the same for him. (My real father is a POS!) Since I mostly grew up w/o a father (from age 6-17) I appreciate having one. My family is all very close and I love that. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world!

It's ok that your dad is whacked [Wink] It might have something to do with raising kids! haha

PS.. thanks for the "glad your feeling better"

[ 09-27-2002, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: shorty ]

Comment

quote:

It's ok that your dad is whacked [Wink] It might have something to do with raising kids! haha

Try four boys, all with a different personalities and attitudes. I was the worse to raise, but as he puts it "his best friend" now. Boy did him and I ... well let's say the police should of arrested us both for assault! [Eek!] On several occasions, boys will be boys,lol!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5078 users online. 341 members and 4737 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X