1*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1*

What is the meaning of the emblem with the 1*? I understand it is something like the thin blue line. Is there an organization to join (besides LE)?

I have seen this before but never thought to ask....
    After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

There is no organization, 1* means quite literally: One *** To Risk (Asterisk)

The background of the symbol is usually black with a thin blue line diagonally across the shield, and it means that you have One *** To Risk, For the Thin Blue Line."

The black background symbolizes chaos and the blue line represents the police, guarding the person looking at the symbol from the chaos.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

So where would I get one? Is there a website you can direct me to?

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < )

Comment

Contact, how did you put the Amber Alert Ticker on your post?

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < )

Comment

http://www.hsgear.biz/One+***+To+Risk+Caps.html <--- Baseball Cap

http://www.hsgear.biz/One+***+To+Ris...ce+Decals.html <--- Decal

I'm not representing the site, I know nothing about them. If you wanted to try and find a more reputable source for the decals, the design was made by Butch Ramik. I am also not saying the site is not reputable, I just don't know who they are.

I got the ticker from www.codeamber.org you just register and they give you an HTML code to use where you want.
          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Just realized you are in MI, anywhere near Detroit?

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < )

Comment

About 5 minutes out.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I have bought from HS gear before. They are good to deal with in my experience.

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < )

Comment

probably find TBL stuff like stickers and whatnot anywhere they sell police gear. The place we got our dept uniforms had them and the thin red line stuff. You just had to show them an PD ID card to buy it. In GA at least.
                  Liberalism is a mental disorder
                  -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

Originally posted by Mraughh
                    probably find TBL stuff like stickers and whatnot anywhere they sell police gear. The place we got our dept uniforms had them and the thin red line stuff. You just had to show them an PD ID card to buy it. In GA at least.
                    Can you explain the Thin Red Line please?

I google'd it, with results on movies and british soldiers only...

Thanks!

-GK Chesterton

Comment

TRL = firemans equivilant of the thin blue line. black blackground, thin red line intersecting it. The most I see TBL and TRL are license plates and small stickers on the backs of cars. Generally to signify that said occupant of that car is either a cop or firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mraughh
                        TRL = firemans equivilant of the thin blue line. black blackground, thin red line intersecting it. The most I see TBL and TRL are license plates and small stickers on the backs of cars. Generally to signify that said occupant of that car is either a cop or firefighter.
                        Is the 1* in the symbol as well?

Otherwise, I'm picturing a "NO SMOKING" sign.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

LOL no,

picture a black rectangle, with a horizontal red line through it. the cop one looks exactly the same except its a blue line.

EDIT to previous posts - duh, i just looked at that link with the ballcap, never seen those before, just the thin blue line/thin red line stuff. lemme see if i can dredge up a link for you.
                          check here.
                          http://www.powercallsirens.com/tbl.htm
                          Last edited by Mraughh; 02-22-2005, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Makes me wish my truck had a front license plate holder.

Thanks for the information.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

You Only have One *** To Risk.
                              I like thin blue line for cops or thin red line for fire better.

The saying "Heros In Life Not Death" says it all for both

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8879 users online. 276 members and 8603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X