300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Officers

What can you tell me about the Behavioral Performance Assessment Device (B-PAD)? I have read the information book that LVMPD sent me with my testing appt., that tells me the basics, but what can I expect? should or should not do? I have never heard of this type of test/assessment.
    Do it right the first time, or leave it alone!

You sit in a room in front of a video camera looking at a tv screen. They play the scenarios, give you 1 minute (?) to answer. First, you feel like a total idiot sitting there talking to a tv. Second, since there is no feed back....after your opening question / statement....what do you do?? You sit there staring at the screen for 45 seconds.

I've taken two B-pad tests when I was out west, one for San Jose PD, the other for LVMPD....both were identical....the same exact test. I felt I did better on the LVMPD test because I had been through one already and kind of knew how to answer and what to expect.

As far as scenarios...the ones I remember are:

Traffic stop-female throwing her d/l on the ground telling you to go to a donut shop or something.

Traffic stop-guy rolls hiw window up as you approach and gives you the finger.

Dispatched to a possible fight-several black males outside a motel....turn and stare at you as you approach. After asking what the problem is and telling them to move along...what do you do.

Dispatched to back up another LEO on a theft call (?) from a store-you walk in and see him stuffing something in his jacket.

In the locker room at the station-another officer who just shot a kid (who was carrying a real looking "toy" gun) is relating this to you.

A call to an office where a guy who is of his rocker is causing trouble. If I remember right he thinks he is from Mars or something.

A woman has had juveniles take her shoes off her porch I think???

I think thats about it. Good luck
    Steve

Comment

Are you suppose just sit there and talk/explain what you would do, or are you supoose to "act" as though you are actually doing the scene?
      Do it right the first time, or leave it alone!

Comment

You are supposed to react, "talk" like you would if you responded in person. Not, I would do this or I would do that. So are easy to do. Such as talking to the officer that had to use his weapon on the juvenile. You can talk about alot of things to him, or the one where the officer stuffs something into his jacket.
        Steve

Comment

Moving this to Ask a cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4601 users online. 310 members and 4291 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X