Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are offended people just plain idiots???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkiefner
    replied
    >>>people's stupidity....now THAT'S offensive!!<<<

I agree, nick.

Since you are subtlety-resistant (too dense to take a hint), I must conclude that the underlying cause is that you either have some cerebral expiration disorder (you are brain dead), or are intellectually nonstatured (you are stupid). Since you seem able to post with no problems, the former is unlikely.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions - even you. Your opinion is not what I find offensive; in fact, I agree with a lot of it. What I find offensive is that you are obnoxious about expressing your opinion.

Therefore, I will put this plainly - Stop the PC crap. Stop the martyr act. If you start another of these threads, it will be deleted. If this is a problem for you, then find the door before your *** is booted through it.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by Nutty in a Wrangler:It's about more then feelings being hurt. It's about a government sponsorship of a monotheist religion which is contrary to the "freedom of religion (or freedom FROM religion)" this nation is supposed to stand for.

Where does it say anything about freedom FROM religion???????

Advocating a monotheist god alienates religions for which a) there is no God or b) there are many Gods and/or Goddesses.

You know, this country was founded under Christian principles. These folks are free to practice their various religions here, without being hampered in any way. If that isn't enough for them, TOUGH SCHIDT!

It also tends to bother athiests and agnostics who: don't believe in any higher power at all, or don't believe anyone knows for sure what the heck is up there, so trying to identify it is just plain silly.

As you pointed out, they DON'T KNOW. So it bothers them? Well that's just too damn bad! They can get over it, or get used to it. In fact, these folks don't have the right to tell others how to live their lives. In fact, they may kiss my - well ok, that may be going a little too far, so I'll back off a little.
    And I do know this has been beaten to death, but I feel the need to make the point that this is about more then "hurt feelings."

You are right. It HAS been beaten to death. But if folks are going to live here, then let them do it and be THANKFUL for all of the freedom that we have. I am totally sick and tired of these jerkweeds (you notice I did NOT use the term *** holes) who think that they have to have a cause. The majority of them are just "bored little people who want to make a name for themselves!"

As far as I'm concerned, they can take a small boat to Cuba!

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    OBTW Crazy, as I mentioned to you in a PM, just because you and I don't agree on some things, does not necessarily make either of us A-Holes!
    Oh, I agree Don. Just looking at the strategic use of the word "necessarily" ...

And as to PETA, they really should have the acronim PITA, it's MUCH more fitting!
    Yes, but what would they stand for, then? "People for the Irrational Treatment of Animals"?

This attention starved athiest is also bothered by four words on a friggin' dollar bill.

His feelings were hurt so it's the government's fault. What a puss!!!!
    It's about more then feelings being hurt. It's about a government sponsorship of a monotheist religion which is contrary to the "freedom of religion (or freedom FROM religion)" this nation is supposed to stand for.

Advocating a monotheist god alienates religions for which a) there is no God or b) there are many Gods and/or Goddesses. It also tends to bother athiests and agnostics who: don't believe in any higher power at all, or don't believe anyone knows for sure what the heck is up there, so trying to identify it is just plain silly. And I do know this has been beaten to death, but I feel the need to make the point that this is about more then "hurt feelings."

"What's going on?"
    "House down there is burning up."
    "So, it's on fire?"
    "Ummm, yeah, I guess you can say that."
    Bonk, I'm certainly not saying this is the case in the above, but I know that before I actually became comfortable going up to a police officer and striking up a conversation (you guys are intimidating you know, intentional or not), I'd always try and find something to, er, (forgive the pun) "spark" one with. Maybe (just maybe) that's what that person was trying to do.

[ 07-02-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    well...here's the latest in PC BS. this $#it is just getting TOO rediculous!!

this is from a news story in seattle:

"Beginning today, state and local lawmakers are prohibited from using the term "Oriental" in statutes, codes, rules and regulations.

Instead, officials must use "Asian" to describe people of Asian descent.

The change is mandated by a bill sponsored by state Sen. Paull Shin, D-Edmonds, and is the first such law in the country. Shin said he got the idea from the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who sought to outlaw the word "Negro" because of its connection to slavery.

The word "Oriental" was first used to denote everything east of London, said Shin, a Korean War orphan. It was later used to describe people with flat noses, small eyes, black hair and mysterious ways, he said.

"We don't appreciate that," he said. "It's pejorative terminology. It's offensive."

people's stupidity....now THAT'S offensive!!

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:

Don, if you believe strongly enough in something, wouldn't you work to get it changed?

BTW: I'm speaking only of the first paragraph.
    Yep I sure would and believe me I HAVE! But for God's sake CHOOSE your battles. Get going on something that has some merit to it! Not some namby-pamby sniveling, whimpering *** hole who has nothing better to do than find something wrong with something that THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH!

OBTW Crazy, as I mentioned to you in a PM, just because you and I don't agree on some things, does not necessarily make either of us A-Holes!

And as to PETA, they really should have the acronim PITA, it's MUCH more fitting!

Leave a comment:

• Bonk
    replied
    I think they are idiots, but then again without stupid people the rest of us wouldn't have anyone to laugh at.

The other night, I was blocking a street while the fire department worked on a house fire. I'm sitting in my car, writing a report, and this resident from the block walks up.

"What's going on?"
    "House down there is burning up."
    "So, it's on fire?"
    "Ummm, yeah, I guess you can say that."

Never mind you could see the flames from a half mile away...

Leave a comment:

• n567
    replied
    Originally posted by Zamboni:

- Any group which wants to protest a school mascot name. Go Fighting Whities!!!!!
    I'm wearing that shirt right now!

Leave a comment:

• Zamboni
    replied
    And the Taco Bell dog. I loved those commercials

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    quote from zamboni:
    "Any group which wants to protest a school mascot name. Go Fighting Whities!!!!!"

i'd like to get one of those t-shirts...they are hilarious!!

how about the fact that Speedy Gonzales cartoons were a no-no on the cartoon network the last few years for "being offensive to hispanics"....the really stupid thing is the fact that it was still being shown on the "spanish" cartoon network with no problem.

so what happens? people start bugging the cartoon network to bring back speedy, with a LARGE numbers of calls and e-mails coming from hispanics who wanted it back on as well!! so now he is back on...go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Zamboni
    replied
    Here's more BS where people are just whiners:

- Groups like the Parents Television Council who are not smart enough or too lazy to understand how to use a remote control. Instead they want to force their viewing habits on everyone else.

- Religous groups who try to force their extreme views on everyone else. Example in the town of Rexburg here in Idaho which is about 90% mormon church goers regularly petition businesses not to be open or if they are open sell alcohol on Sundays. There are no bars in Rexburg at all because the city wont grant liquor licenses to anyone and there is one beer only bar in the county.

- Any group which wants to protest a school mascot name. Go Fighting Whities!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    No, Mr Newdow is worse.

Putting the pledge issue aside for a sec.........

This attention starved athiest is also bothered by four words on a friggin' dollar bill.

His feelings were hurt so it's the government's fault. What a puss!!!!

I think it's a no brainer his name will pop up again somewhere down the road with a new "I'm offended" Federal lawsuit.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    In life, there is no right or law which ensures your feelings will never get hurt. They should really get a life and grow up.
    That sounds all good and what not, but people tend to get upset and worked up when people "with nothing better to do" actually do change a law. Witness the whole "under God" thing. The same ones screaming about how people should "get a life" and not get carried away with changing stuff are the same ones getting carried away with changing stuff!

"Know it alls" with a cause of the week being supported by Mommy and Daddy.
    Certainly Michael Newdow doesn't fit in this category?

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    crazy,

I think what P-O's most us off is that people with nothing better to do get upset over the stupidest ****.

Some of the biggest whiners are college students. "Know it alls" with a cause of the week being supported by Mommy and Daddy.

People out in the 'real world' don't even think of this PC nonsense. They're too busy with more important things like busting their asses at work, raising kids, paying the mortgage/rent, taxes and groceries.. Not to mention concerns about the economy, terrorism, etc.

In life, there is no right or law which ensures your feelings will never get hurt. They should really get a life and grow up.

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    isn't the word woMAN or woMEN also demeaning??...i think we should change that too to reflect the political climate of this day and age!!

how 'bout changing MENopause? maybe
    MANdatory? shoot...let's change the word
    MANdibular!! MANic depressive? MANchurian?
    MANdate? MANlicher Carcano rifle? MANual?
    praying MANtis?

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jarhead6073
    replied
    AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! Must...kill...PC...activists...

Are female atheletes not...'human'? What the hell is 'sportslike'? Oh wait, human is demeaning to women because it has 'man' in it. I forgot.

Tell the principal I'll bring the rope... for him that is. I don't understand administrators. HOW CAN THEY BE SO BLIND??? Oh it's not the student who want's to kill the teacher, it's the teacher who is trying to do his job and teach those who want to learn.

And PETA is just stupid anyway. I have nothing else to say about them.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3741 users online. 285 members and 3456 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X