Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circuit S***ty has stopped seling VHS in their stores. You can still get them from their web store, though. That, my friends, is the shape of things to come.

Some VHS's do come in widescreen. I know when the re-mastered Star Wars Trilogy came out, it was offered in both. As was Titanic. On any format, you need to look on the front cover. If it doesn't say what format it's in, then ist's safe to assume it's regular. On the back of the DVD's under "Special Features", it will say whether it's in both.

KK,
    Depending on the size room your TV is in, 27" may not be too bad once you're used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by FLLawdog:
      KK, Depending on the size room your TV is in, 27" may not be too bad once you're used to it.
      Doggy,

The only thing I need tv for is hockey. I'd be content with just having a stereo in the room.

[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

I love DVD...

The first one I purchased was "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Looky Here!

Comment

Originally posted by kateykakes:

The only thing I need tv for is hockey.
          OH, then the DVD Slapshot is a must!
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by 207:
            OH, then the DVD Slapshot is a must!
            OMG! I loved that movie! Good one, 207!

Comment

Them Hanson boys could play some hockey!

Oh yeah, here's the DVD review. http://www.testpattern.net/dvd/features/slapshot25.html

[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: 207 ]
              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Anybody see "Slapshot 2" yet? I just can't believe it could do any justice to the original.

I bought Black Hawk Down a couple weeks ago and have seen it twice so far. There are so many characters it needs to be seen multiple times!

Just got Saving Private Ryan the other day. Another one that deserves several viewings.

Comment

Originally posted by FLLawdog:
                  Anybody see "Slapshot 2" yet? I just can't believe it could do any justice to the original.

I didn't even know there was a Slapshot 2. It can't be that good. Either that, or I'm extremely clueless.

Speaking of movies, one that I don't have that I want to buy is Happy Gilmore. I loved that movie. I like most of the movies that Sandler was in, but what the hell was he thinking when he did Little Nicky? That was one lame *** movie.

Comment

Here's what I can't wait for! Yay August 27th!

Fllawdog, you wanna know how old school I am? I have Saving Private Ryan ... on LASERDISC!

[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Comment

Try hitting the zoom button one time and you might be able to fix the little annoying problem of widescreen. You lose some picture on the sides but you'll be able to deal with it better than seeing those damn black bars on the top and bottom.
                      "To each his own"

Comment

There is one advantage to the wide screen versions.........you see things on the left and right that you miss on the regular version. When the Sopranos are on HBO, one channel shows regular and one channel shows widescreen. I've flipped back and forth to see the difference. Rarely there is one, but once in a while, something good is visible on the widescreen version.

Comment

Nite,

The Sopranos isn't filmed in a wide enough aspect ratio to really stand out from its full frame version.

It's always whacky to put a full-frame tape in your VCR, play it; then pop in the DVD of the same film in widescreen. Get them so they're both playing the same thing at the same time (or close), and switch between the two. The difference is DAMN noticeable!

Comment

Well I just bought myself another DVD player after my old one stopped working on me. I have a few dvd movies but not that many. I am one who does not like to pay more than $10 for any movie LOL

Klar
                            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Katey,

I'm sorry... but I got a big kick out of your post. LOL... you're so funny. Are you sure you're not blonde?? LOL.... sorry... I HATED the widescreen movies the first time I saw one, years and years ago (on VHS), I'm surprised you've haven't run across any yet. You will get used to them and then you won't even notice!!! I like the DVDs that give you a choice.

How's the PS2? I'll buy one eventually. I haven't played with my PS1 in along time, so I'm not going to rush out and buy one...are the games a lot better??? My favorite games are the Tomb Raider games.
                              Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Piper:
                                I love DVD...

The first one I purchased was "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Looky Here!

Piper,
                                That is one of my FAVORITE movies !!!
                                Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6376 users online. 380 members and 5996 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X