X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Tx
    No Longer Active
    • Jul 2001

Officer murdered in front of fifty cowards

Another report about officer Herzog said that he was shot in full view of about 50 witnesses(cowards). I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but not being a cop, I can say this, and I wish I had been one of those witnesses, because I would have attacked this pos while he was fighting with the officer. Failing that, I would empty my Glock into his sorry ***.

I cannot believe no one, out of 50 people would do anything to keep this man from being brutally murdered. I hope the guilt drives each one of them to an early grave.
  • Mike Tx
    No Longer Active
    • Jul 2001

"...he privately hoped the defendant wasn't African American, he said."

Typical BS

[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Comment

• Piper
      Banned
      • Sep 2001

I am horrified to think that 50 people would just stand there as he was murdered. I may be small, but I would have screamed, pucnched, kicked whatever else I could do to try and stop that from happenening.

Comment

• Frank Booth

I am horrified to think that 50 people would just stand there as he was murdered. I may be small, but I would have screamed, pucnched, kicked whatever else I could do to try and stop that from happenening.
        You don't know what you'd do until you're in that type of situation. I'm sure if you asked those 50 people an hour before the event what they would do, at least one or two would have said something to the effect that they would take action.

Comment

• Yote
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2002

WOW that is sad that 50 ppl watched and did nothing ! Where was this at? what state? Idont watch the news much and havent heard this. If this guy had 13 felonys and 11 misdemeanors , the last one i think i read from a link above was for Aggravated Assault on an officer , why was he on the street after only 6 months! His rap and Attitude clearly should show a pattern! But I know the system bites at times also !
          We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.

Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Xanthorius
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2000

It's a very well known and documented effect called the Bystander Effect. Responsibility for helping others is diffused throughout a crowd. If there is one person, they think, "Nobody else can help but me, so I really should help." When there are others around, people think, "Somebody else will help this person."

Everybody says they wouldn't, but the vast majority of people fall under this effect. That's not to offend anybody on the board, I think there are easily people here who would have helped! There are exceptions to every rule, and people with the right frame of mind can easily overcome this effect.

Still, it's depressing research that only reflects horrific truths about people and their willingness to help others.
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

• Jim Burnes
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2001

They were cowards, no need to dress it up in any excuse.

Jim Burnes

Comment

• BrickCop
                He who speaks Truth
                • Dec 2000

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

• Mitzi
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2000

To make you feel better, we had an incident here where an offender got the better of a police officer and they fell into a ditch. A mailman in his car saw it, stopped and ran down and overpowered the offender just as he was getting ready to point the gun (his own) at the police officer. And he refused any special honors or awards.
                  I can honestly say I would help and officer if I could. Really, I would.

Comment

• CinaC
                    No Longer Active
                    • Mar 2002

I remember hearing about an incident a few years ago, where a criminal attacked and beat (possible stabbed or shot) a convenience store clerk. A group of people were either in the store at the time, or came in after the event, and no one helped her (either fend off the attack, or even to call 911 afterwards).

The prosecutor charged them with something, but I forget what. Anyone remember any of the details?

Comment

• MacLeod
                      Mac
                      • Apr 2000

Over here if a memeber of the public fails to assist a cop when called to do so they can get booked.

I remember fighting with a guy who was a good foot taller than me in a housing estate, I was alone and the only person who came to assist was an eighty year old woman who stopped her car and said "do you need a hand son ?" as she got out with her walking stick.

Mac
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Mitzi
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2000

My son was one of those cocky kids in high school, liked to run his mouth. Well, he got sucker punched between his eyes one day and kicked in the head while on the ground. He had a bad seizure and by the time I got there, I was so upset. NOT ONE of his so-called friends helped him. Granted, he should not have run his mouth.
                        And the kid that hit him.....his mother shows up saying my son got what he deserved. I told her to tell it to the deputy behind her because I had my son press assault charges.
                        Then, I waitied outside when school was over and ripped into the kids that let it happen.
                        I was one ticked mother that day.

Comment

• Blonde Heat
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2001

This is just the sort of behavior you see when some psyco is knocking the hell out of his girfriend/wife and no one helps. Makes me sick. Your right JimBurnes, No need to dress it up its just plain cowardness.
                          "To each his own"

Comment

• Frank Booth

So Mitzi, you go into a liquor store and the guy in line in front of you pulls a knife and announces a hold-up. He tells the guy behind the counter to give him the money, and the counter guy refuses. The armed robber jumps over the counter and starts stabbing the guy. You have young kids, a family who depends on you for everything. Are you telling me that as an unarmed citizen, you would intervene in this robbery and virtually guarantee that your kids would be motherless and your spouse would retire to Antigua after collecting your life insurance because the guy behind the counter didn't just give up the money? Don't think about your answer too long, becuase the clerk behind the counter is being stabbed repeatedly while you're thinking.

Comment

• Niteshift
                              No Longer Active
                              • Mar 2000

Frank, I doubt all 50 were in Mitzi's position.

This isn't the first time stuff like this has happened. Anyone recall the case of the girl being raped and nobody even calling 911?

Not sure about where you live, but maybe that's an advantage we have down here. Around these parts, several good old boys would have stomped a mudhole in the guy and walked it dry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17995 users online. 20 members and 17975 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...