Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every time I show it, I get so [email protected] mad!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every time I show it, I get so [email protected] mad!

I'm talking about Dances With Wolves.

My Social Studies classes have been learning about the Plains Indians and this is the best movie I've found that depicts(I know it's Hollywood-ized, Jim [Wink] ) their lifestyle along with the greediness and total lack of regard for life by the white man.

I try to prepare my students AND myself for the brutality depicted in this movie every year and for the sadness exhibited. I don't do a very good job....for myself.

I'm so [email protected] mad right now.....
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I know the feeling. Summer reading for my juniors was Grapes of Wrath. We watched a bit of the movie, and I just wanted to hurt someone...

Not the same group and not the same time, but we have an awfull habit of killing those whom we despise in this country...
    I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

I really don't like the movie. Its too long and Kevin Costner is such a whine bag.
      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've seen Dances. I think I'll have to dig it out some day soon...

I've had to watch The Deerhunter with Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walkins for two different classes in college. Both times the professor was a Vietnam Vet, and both times during the movie, I watched them crying as we watched. That movie really gets me.
        Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Evnings:
          I really don't like the movie. Its too long and Kevin Costner is such a whine bag.

There is not a single movie he's in that worth the price of admission, yet I have not see D.w.w., but I have seen posts by DWF

Comment

I own it. Its a good movie. I get mad too.
            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

In the scenes leading up to the shooting of 2 Socks, I have to find a reason to leave the room...

Yeah...I know it's 'just a movie'. Funny how it DOESN'T bother me for the LT to kill his fellow soldiers, though....
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

What's this? You guys are getting upset? Alright! I knew if I waited long enough, there would come a day we could prevail!

That movie stuff is so lame, let me give you a real indian song, sung by real indians at real 49ers (that's a party in the woods)

"John Waynes Teeth, John Waynes Teeth,
                Are they plastic or are they steel....aahh, aahh.
                John Waynes Teeth, John Waynes Teeth,
                Are they plastic, or are they real...aahh, aahh
                Aahhhahhhh....aahhhahhh

(AND I ain't kidding )

Jim Burnes

Comment

Jim....

It MUST be the Cherokee and Crow in me, 'cause it SURE ain't the German OR the Irish! LOL

Comment

Well you know what Will Rogers said:

I'm Cherokee, but I got just enough white blood to be untrustworthy

Ennit!

Jim Burnes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5576 users online. 347 members and 5229 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X