Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don
    replied
    ateamer I understand your feeling completely. I felt that way about sheriff's departments too when I worked in town. However after I had been "rural" long enough to get over the new beat "jitters" there was no way I wanted to go back!

I think you have to have a little uh "different" personality to do well as a rural substation deputy, or a resident deputy.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I'm in the process with a department in a neighboring county. The P.D. is 150+ sworn in a metropolitan area. I will never go to a smaller department - we are about 150 sworn.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    Stuff like this is why I'm tired of working for a sheriff's office and want to go a city P.D.
    Just stay away from SMALL departments like mine...

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    started a topic Working in the sticks

Working in the sticks

Okay, I know this is nothing like Don is used to, but yesterday, CHP called for Code 3 cover. They were out with an occupied stolen in the mountains. Another deputy and I were the closest cover, 20 miles away. It took 23 minutes rolling code to get there.

The suspect had foot bailed into the woods. We tracked with a K-9, but lost the scent. With the help of alert citizens, who thought a guy in the vicinity trying to scale a sheer rock wall while he was covered with dirt and scratched up and looking desperate might be up to something, we collared him.

Then I had to clear to go to a suicidal female back 20 miles south. Again, I was the closest unit. Ridiculous.

Stuff like this is why I'm tired of working for a sheriff's office and want to go a city P.D.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4462 users online. 299 members and 4163 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X