Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In reply to the thread about motorcyclist...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In reply to the thread about motorcyclist...

that is now all over the internet and has been sent to the A.M.A, F.O.P. various motorcycling magazines and just about every bike forum that I ever heard of.

I am a paramedic and work closely with LEOs about everyday. I am also a motorcyclist who rides a sportbike. I found some of the post about laughing at crashed riders, "poetic justice" about a Marine who crashed, the childish behavior of the few here who got in a ****ing match with a young kid on the second thread, completely disgusting and upsetting. Regardless of what some of you think, this is a public forum since you do not have to register to view it. Might as well have put it in the Sunday paper.

Very unprofessional from a group of poeple who actions are questioned daily by the public. Post like that does not help your cause when something happens that the public questions (IE: current event in LA with the 13 y/o male).

The AMA is a very large group of very active voters who you guys may want to offer a formal printed apology to. These are the same voters who can help you in the long run (IE: current budget cuts and such).

I understand that it was from only a few idiots on here who acted so unprofessionally and they may only be wanna be cops currently working at Wal-mart security desks, but it still was very public and very unprofessional and left a bad taste in many peoples mouths towards the law enforcement community as a whole. This is being discussed all over the net and the replies aren't favorable towards you guys.

I understand that both threads were deleted but they were copied first. I have a copy myself that I got from a bike forum,if you need proof.

Oh don't profile all sportbike riders as stunters either, we aren't

Peace and be safe.
    Last edited by PA.Medic; 02-08-2005, 02:24 PM.

What you seem to be overlooking is that the stunt bikers came HERE trying to stir things up. None of us sought them out. If they posted some of the messages elsewhere, it is further proof they were trying to stir things up. When I read some of the replyes, it was obvious to me as Im sure it was to many others that the replyed were nothing more than giving the original poster a healthy does of his own medicine. If he couldnt deal with it, too bad. Little boys who stir up trouble should not whine they get spanked. Its a simple case of dishing it out & not being able to take it.
    Last edited by ViceSgt; 02-08-2005, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I, like everyone else only saw the first and then the second thread that was deleted.

Forum trolls are like women, ignore them long enough and they go away for good.

Comment

I suspect when the troll took this back to his group, he did not share that he was the one who started the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ViceSgt
          I suspect when the troll took this back to his group, he did not share that he was the one who started the trouble.

I got the first thread on a bike forum (the one you started). It also seems to take awhile for new members to register here. I waited for awhile and that is when I read the second thread started by the kid (after your thread was locked).

Comment

He had no business demeaning law enforcement, READ THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN. IT SAYS, AND I QUOTE:
            "This is a Law Enforcement Forum. Anti-Police Posts Will Be Deleted & Users Banned"
            so in my mind that gives us reason to flame him all we want.

Comment

I agree that the young kid crossed the line.
              But you also have to admit that the officer who origionally posted up the thread titled "I Love It When "Stunt Bikers" Crash" was also crossing a line.
              Granted, the biker ran, and crashed. but to come on a public board and say that it is great that "his bone was sticking out of his leg"... that's a little extreme.

I think what happened her is that both sides, the first officer (for the cop side.) and the replying "kid" (for the bike side.) BOTH went extreme.

Look at it from your own perspective... if a kid posted up on a sport-bike board that a officer was hurt and then he was making fun of it, or laughing about it... it'd upset you too. and you would expect the other riders to put him in his place, right?
              well. I didn't see too many fellow officers making comments to correct the situation.

Granted: The person who went down was a moron and did run. but he was still someone's son, brother, etc. Just like we ALL Are.
              common human respect should have come into play here. Telling the story is one thing, but the way he went about it was quite extreme.

I'm not condoning any actions taken by riders who run from police. I for one can't understand why... you break the law, you get caught, you pay the price... but someone is always looking to get away with it.

I'm not trying to instigate an argument, I am being quite observent and posting my opinions.
              It's not you, I look down on everyone.

Comment

Hey, the aforementioned "street biker" was recklessly endangering the lives of many people. If I have the right to make laugh about a drunk who (in public) walks into a streetlight or something, I have the right to laugh about a guy who acts like an idiot when he drives and recieves his just desserts.

Freedom of speech works both ways...

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer939
                  Hey, the aforementioned "street biker" was recklessly endangering the lives of many people. If I have the right to make laugh about a drunk who (in public) walks into a streetlight or something, I have the right to laugh about a guy who acts like an idiot when he drives and recieves his just desserts.

Freedom of speech works both ways...
                  Oh... don't get me wrong. I didn't say he didn't deserve some humiliation and to be made fun of.
                  I agree with you that he was a moron. and he was endangering others.
                  him wrecking wasn't an issue for me.
                  the officer chasing him wasn't an issue for me.
                  I felt like the officer was standing over him... laughing at him while he was there, in pain.
                  rather than commenting about the actual tragedy of a human being going through that much pain, and as well, the life which is destroyed by his own ignorant and stupid decisions.
                  I for one think it's sad for this accident to ever need to happen.
                  I don't have a problem with talking about it.
                  I only had a problem with the mannerism in which the message was delivered.

Such as your signiture says...
                  "This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle,
                  but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I
                  will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my
                  city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield
                  before me facing the enemy."

Very good words.
                  but does that feeling diminish after soneone is at your mercy?
                  Even though he broke the law. and did wrong...

Not ALL sport bikers are like him.
                  Not ALL stunters are like him.

The origional post was more generalizing that it is a good thing when any sport-biker / stunter wrecks.

A few things in your origional post I aggree with.
                  Releasing from custody to save the tax-payers money when he was taken to the hospital. A-MAN!

Did he deserve to probably wreck... yes. did he deserve to have a little rash.. yes. Did he deserve the extent of his injuries. no. but I still think that in the end he got what he deserved, and hopefully, should have learned a lesson. and be someone you shouldn't have to ever worry about again.

Comment

No officer in his right mind would stand there as someone was bleeding. It's his duty to save that man/woman's life. I hadn't read the first thread.

I know not all motorcyclists/sport-bikers/stunters are like him. BUT, because of idiots such as those mentioned in the previous forums it gives motorcycling a bad name, which is fundamentally.

Comment

Ever hear of Darwin Awards? Pretty funny stuff. So is the biker who dies while putting my mother, sister, girlfriend, beautiful baby niece, and all my other loved ones at risk on the road. And you think I should feel bad for him/her? I have about as much respect for "stunt bikers" as I do for drunk drivers. Screw em.

Go ahead and publish our threads. Apologize? HA! Were always wrong anyways. Haven't you figured out yet that we are all out to get you?

Keep stunting and put my family at risk. I'll do anything I can to stop you and if that means laying down a spike strip then letting you crash into a pole so be it. Better you then some innocent driver on the road....or me for that matter.

You wanna stunt in a closed circuit track I'll be sure to leave you alone. Hell, I might even come and watch. I race my Mustang Cobra on closed tracks all the time. Perfictly legal, fairly cheap, emergency equipment is on the scene just in case, nobody but me and the other driver are at risk, they time me, it's a blast. The first day the track opens up in the spring I'll be there. However, I NEVER drag on public roads. People try to entice me all the time but I never do it. If you do it on the public roads then you have no business to even try to defend yourself. Like I said, you stunt on public roads your the same as a drunk in my opinion.
                      It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer939
                        No officer in his right mind would stand there as someone was bleeding. It's his duty to save that man/woman's life. I hadn't read the first thread.

I know not all motorcyclists/sport-bikers/stunters are like him. BUT, because of idiots such as those mentioned in the previous forums it gives motorcycling a bad name, which is fundamentally.
                        Sweet...
                        Then what are we arguing for?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                          Ever hear of Darwin Awards? Pretty funny stuff. So is the biker who dies while putting my mother, sister, girlfriend, beautiful baby niece, and all my other loved ones at risk on the road. And you think I should feel bad for him/her? I have about as much respect for "stunt bikers" as I do for drunk drivers. Screw em.

Go ahead and publish our threads. Apologize? HA! Were always wrong anyways. Haven't you figured out yet that we are all out to get you?

Keep stunting and put my family at risk. I'll do anything I can to stop you and if that means laying down a spike strip then letting you crash into a pole so be it. Better you then some innocent driver on the road....or me for that matter.

You wanna stunt in a closed circuit track I'll be sure to leave you alone. Hell, I might even come and watch. I race my Mustang Cobra on closed tracks all the time. Perfictly legal, fairly cheap, emergency equipment is on the scene just in case, nobody but me and the other driver are at risk, they time me, it's a blast. The first day the track opens up in the spring I'll be there. However, I NEVER drag on public roads. People try to entice me all the time but I never do it. If you do it on the public roads then you have no business to even try to defend yourself. Like I said, you stunt on public roads your the same as a drunk in my opinion.
                          I only ask 1 thing form you sir...
                          Please, keep in mind, that if you pull over a sport-bike, and he does cooperate. don't demean him for simply riding.
                          I agree with you 100%!
                          They run! GET EM!!! PLEASE!

As for believing your all out to get us? Some of us in the world are quite a bit more intelligent than that.
                          But my own personal experience:
                          #1. I have NEVER been pulled over on my bike.
                          #2. I was rear-ended once while siting at a light. I was made to feel like I was somehow at fault.
                          I was sitting still at a red-light. The man that hit me had no liscense, no insurance, wasn't driving his own car, had been drinking, and had warrants out for his arrest. he was taken to jail and has been there for 18 months for other outstanding issues. But, the first officer was quite nice and understanding. especially after I told him that this was my first bike, and I had only been riding for under a month.
                          The 2nd and 3rd officer however were borderline on harrassment.
                          I was forced to show my ID. to proove I had a M-class (for the 2nd time, since the 1st officer already returned my ID.) and I was told that I was "stupid for riding a bike." and so-on, and so forth. he even went as far as asking me for my helmet to make sure it was DOT cert! and even tried to say my bike wasn't in legal operating condition before the accident (yeah... 300 miles on it, right!)
                          so anyway.
                          I didn't take it out on him, I was polite and respectful... even the 1st officer came over to me later and said "don't mind him, he's a jerk."
                          What I'm trying to say, is that jsut cause you have a bad experience. Don't believe or punish all those who are in the same profile.

And hey... you ever come to Dallas... I'll show ya our stuntin spots. (Private property with permission from the owner!)
                          90% of them truck/trailer their bikes out there...
                          It's alot of fun!
                          And we often get visited by officers who enjoy watching the show.

Comment

Bad Boys! Bad Boys!

I don't think anyone is arguing that Mr.Idiot on the bike was a good boy. I think it would be useless to argue about whether or not he deserved what he got (I for one simply think that it is unfortunate; that his series of bad [very bad] decisions led him to such horrible circumstances).
                            The point I, like so many people would like to address is not a sense of duty (that of attending a bleeding to death idiot), but the attitude displayed in the postings. Such satisfaction of seeing first hand gore and extreme repercussions of the individual's actions, instead of being happy that no innocent people were hurt/killed.
                            Raising glasses of beer in extreme pleasure due to anyone's misfortune lacks integrity. Doing it with the knowledge that it absolutely destroyed a life in such a grotesque way, is more disgusting than the described gore itself, and reeks of pure evil.
                            Cops are supposed to be good. Those involved with the disgusting postings involved, and those defending...are BAD BOYS!
                            In an ideal world, you wouldn't have your jobs, but just like sport bikers, there are idiots in absolutely every group of individuals... apparently, even cops.
                            You

Comment

It's a shame that you feel disgusted by this thread - if that is the case then leave.

Obviously you are in no way related to LE and do not understand the EXTREME pressure that relates to the job. Maybe it is not right to toast a beer to an injured idiot, but is it right to go straight home to your family and freak out over the same injured idiot? Some pressures from the job have to be released with the defensive mechanism of "Black Humor". You have to understand that maybe you will never see more than one or two dead bodies in your lifetime, and they will probably all be in a casket or hospital bed. LEO's depending on where they work can see hundreds in a career, and very few of them will be "peaceful" looking. If LEO's can't find a way to release some of the pressure from these death's, by having a drink and minimizing the trauma, or by posting a thread and discussing it with others in an OFFICER FORUM, then YOUR biggest concern as a civilian should be trying to figure out if the officer that comes to your home to help you with a stolen bike report, is teetering on the edge of stress and nervous break-down, because he no longer has a way to release his pent up emotions, because some civilian on a forum told him he lacked integrity and was more disgusting than the described gore itself, and reeked of pure evil. Now tell me, this officer that came to help you, is he going to politely go about your stolen bike report, or is he going to flip out and shoot your cat because his nerves are so jumbled.

Bottom Line: until you have walked in one
                              When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8380 users online. 470 members and 7910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X