300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear ends....

I just got my '98 Mustang back from a maintenance check up. The mechanic found fine metallic particles in the differential, which explains the slight 'roaring' I began hearing a few weeks ago. Silly me thought it was a bad U-joint. Fortunately(???) he says a replacement rearend won't be TOO expensive.

It's always something, huh?

BTW...sorry to disappoint all you guys...AND gals...that hoped this was a 'sex thread'.

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Hey, Shooter -- I'm looking into getting a Mustang next summer. You've got a stick shift, right? How is the handling and visibility? I'm really looking forward to a 6-cyl engine over the 4-cyl I've got now. (And I'm keeping my Jeep, so I won't be "Crazy in a Ford").

Comment

Originally posted by shooter1201:
      BTW...sorry to disappoint all you guys...AND gals...that hoped this was a 'sex thread'.
      Doh!!!!!!!

Comment

Crazy...

I love the Ford V-6-equipped Mustang with a stick! The stick throw is SHORT and almost 'automatic'. The power:weight ratio is PERFECT for a car this size! The car is VERY responsive. Visability is excellent. My daughter has a 2001 Mustang and is only 4'11". She can see fine in her car.

If you get a chance to drive one, do it. You'll swear there's a 302 under the hood.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Shooter, I'm already drooling!

UBB code hates me.

Okay, I tried to get this into one of those cute links (to the results of a Carmax search for Mustangs ...), but it didn't work (because UBB is the product of SATAN!)

I hate UBB. Thanks for trying, FLLawdog!

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Comment

QUOTE:
            "BTW...sorry to disappoint all you guys...AND gals...that hoped this was a 'sex thread'.'

YEAH... i thought you were talking about my wife!!
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I thought you were talking about different rear ends too.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Since it don't cost that much to fix it, I'd drive it 'til it quits. You'd be surprised how long it may last. That "metal shavings" isn't written in stone.

Comment

The 'roaring' is VERY distracting...and I'm trading/selling it in December, so....might as well fix it.

Comment

Shooter, does the roaring go away in fourth gear?

Comment

Aw just throw a little sawdust in the differential. You won't hear the roaring so loud then!
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

MikeTX...

The roaring starts...and continues...from around 25MPH and up. It does NOT cease in 4th OR 5th....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:
                          (And I'm keeping my Jeep, so I won't be "Crazy in a Ford").
                          Isn't there like an Alan Jackson song that has a lyric that goes like "I'm crazy about a mercury" or something along the lines of it..

"Me fail english? That's unpossible" Ralph Wiggum

Comment

a mustang with a 6? agh! choke. gag. vomit. faint.

I think I hav e a Ford 8.8" rear and a Ford 9" rear lying around in the garage from my modified mustang days (back when I had an LX 5.0 used just to experiment with different bolt ons..heh)

if your car has either or, let me know, you can have it. just pay shipping, as i have no use for it. then just pay the guy to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by CopInNY:
                              a mustang with a 6? agh! choke. gag. vomit. faint.
                              That's what I was thinking too. I just dindn't want to bust his chops
                              On the wings of a dove
                              Let's roll for justice
                              Let's roll for truth
                              Let's not let our children grow up
                              Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3584 users online. 260 members and 3324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X