300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Reports

Anyone know where I can get a free one, or at least one chepear then $80? I am trying to get all unused accounts closed and get my dredit in good shape for my Background Investigation. When I was 18 I applied for EVERY credit card I saw. Then when I got wiser I cut them up, but I am sure some of them are still open. Thanks

John

I got one through QSpace.com. It was free although I did have to enter a credit card number. You can use their service for FREE for like 30 days and if you want to keep it then they charge your credit card. After I got my credit report printed off, I just called and cancelled my membership. They didn't charge my card anything. Only problem is, it takes a few days for them to get your credit report. I think it was like 3 days or something.

P.S., if you have paid something off that still shows active or that you owe money, go to them and get a letter stating your account is in good standing or it was closed on whatever date. We are about to begin the process to buy a different house so I have been paying off all of our "small" bills. Then I go to the company or whatever and ask for a letter saying it is paid off. That way, when we apply to buy a new home, if they say our debt ratio is too high I can say, No, all that stuff is paid off, accounts are closed! This may not have any affect on your hiring process for your new job, but you may need them if they don't report that you've closed the accounts.

[ 09-21-2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: shorty ]
    In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Well I had to go to the bank today, so I asked them, and the great state of TN does provide for a free credit report. Only if you have been declined for credit in the past 60 days. I ended up spending a couple bucks and found that I have 7 cc accounts open!!..I am going to close all but my Discover Card.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by John Sharp:
        I ended up spending a couple bucks and found that I have 7 cc accounts open!!..I am going to close all but my Discover Card.

If I were you I'd leave a Visa or Mastercard open rather than Discover. Discover has fewer participating merchants than Visa, Mastercard, or even American Express.

Comment

freecreditreports.com

just make sure you cancel so you dont get signed up for the monthly newsletter.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by edgar:
            just make sure you cancel so you dont get signed up for the monthly newsletter.[/QB]

Yes, just make sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to P.I.T.A.!!!!!!!! Now I'm out $80

Comment

Equifax is offering a 30 day free trial membership to their credit watch program. You can view your credit report at any time and it also gives you your FICO score, which is what most lenders look at when evaluating credit (this is left off of most standard credit reports). Also, they will send you an email whenever a creditor makes a change to your credit report.

I really liked it.. it was better than any other credit program I've seen. I think it cost $89 for the year but like I said, you can get a free 30 day membership.
              No partner is worth your tears -
              the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5580 users online. 347 members and 5233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X