300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee, tea, or me...

Oooops, what I meant was are you a coffee or tea drinker? Flavored coffee or regular? Cream and sugar? Hot tea or iced?

I'm jonesing so bad right now for a cup of Wawa Irish Creme coffee with Irish Creme creamer. Instead I'm drinking Folgers with just plain milk. Yuck.

So what's your preference?

If I drink coffee, I have to have a lot of stuff in it.

My favorite is Panera's I C Spice... expresso with Nutmeg, Honey and Cinnamon in a cold coffee treat. MMMMMMMM

Now I'm going to have to go out and get one before my ride along today.

Thanks KATEY!!!! LOL

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Piper:
      Thanks KATEY!!!! LOL

No problemo, Peeps! You're quite welcome. See, nice to have friends to torture you!

Comment

OK I WILL HAVE A WHITE COFFEE AND A PIECE OF KATEY ON THE SIDE..FOLLOWED BY A BIT OF PIPER
        LMAOOOOOO

Comment

Oh baby! Think you could handle the both of us, Gaz?

Comment

Dunkin Donuts- Large French Vanilla Iced Coffee with cream and sugar... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm =)~~
            Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

I LOVE good coffe. I can't stand that horrible stuff out of a can. It's an abomination in the eyes of Sparky! American Coffe! Phooey!

I prefer dark roasts. French Roast is my favorite. Properly done, a FR is a blend of Central/South American beans with North African Beans. It gets a full roast.

I also really love espresso when it is PROPERLY prepared. I dare to say that if you have only had espresso from the local Starbucks, then you haven't had REAL espresso and you are missing out.

Espresso can be a variety of complicated blends of different beans from several different regions. It must be properly roasted and properly ground. A good espresso machine is important and it must all come together with a knowledgeable barista who knows how to make espresso.

And... with a good espresso, you can make a good cappucciono or latte!

Biggest coffe pet peeves:

1. People who use garbage coffee like "Folgers" Yech!

2. People who let coffee sit in the pot and get stale and nasty! Yech!

3. People who never clean their coffee maker making everything taste nasty! Yech!

and 4. When these people drinking garbage coffee that's been sitting for hours after being made in a coffee maker that hasn't ever been cleaned taste a cup of REAL coffee made with fresh, properly ground beans using clean water and a clean pot say, "Eeeew! That's too strong!" ERRRRR!
              -Sparky

Comment

Wow...

Sparky knows his coffee.

And Gaz, you'd die with a smile on your face!!!

[ 09-21-2002, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

Sparky,

I agree. And for the record, I HATE Folgers, but it's all I have here in the house right now. Even after three cups, my coffee craving has not been satisfied.

Comment

I grow my own coffee in a climate controlled greenhouse that I had especially constructed on the roof of my house. My favorite variety is an arabica hybrid made from Kenya AA and Colombian root stock. The Kona and Blue Mountain are also nice.

Following a complex rotation and air drying procedure, the beans are roasted to perfection in a stone oven. I prefer a dark roast, a shade or two lighter than French. The beans are stored in a humidor room I built next to my kitchen.

In the morning I like to select my beans individually, examining each one for just the right combination of texture and flavor potential. I then use a mortar and pestle to grind the beans to a proper consistency for whatever method I will use that day to brew my morning cup o' joe.

My imported Gaggia makes both a fine expresso and a decent regular brew but I usually opt for the Barista Utopia machine in the AM. I also have a small stove top unit I brought back from Italy that makes two perfect demitasse cups of thick, rich espresso, delightful as an apres-dinner coup-de-grace.

I prefer a glass mug, the Corning Glas-Snap, long out of production, is my personal favorite. I bought a case of them on eBay. I warm the cup first (baby bottle warmers work great) so as not to impart an unwelcome chill to my first cup of the day.

I drink it black and unadorned, but now and then, if I'm feeling indulgent, I do like a spoon of raw sugar and a dollop of fresh cream added to the brew.

The faux coffee served in convenience stores and specialty shops is an abomination, in my opinion. The Philistines who enjoy such concoctions just haven't a clue.

Ahhhh, coffee!

One of life's simple pleasures.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Dinosaur:
                      One of life's simple pleasures.

And what might some of those other simple pleasures be? [Wink]

Comment

Well.....there's wine, of course. I've given my sommelier the week off so I haven't been imbibing very much of the finer vintages as of late. I decanted a nice bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 last night that was eminently drinkable, full-bodied, slightly fruity with a hint of sweet, not at all tannic, with a pleasant feel on the palate and a helluva kick.

I filled my favorite jelly glass to the rim, curled up in my barcalounger with a list of my favorite 900 numbers, and enjoyed a most diverting evening at home.

I do appreciate the finer things in life.

Comment

Coffee is disgusting.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Dinosaur:
                            I filled my favorite jelly glass to the rim, curled up in my barcalounger with a list of my favorite 900 numbers, and enjoyed a most diverting evening at home.

That's not what I heard. [Wink]

Comment

I've personally sent 2 of Juan Valdez's children through college. He's also retired Pepe the burro and has an Explorer with dark tint and a cell phone........

I drink a LOT of coffee.

I drank it with cream and sugar until I got in the Army. There wasn't always cream available there. Wasn't always sugar. But there was always black.........so I learned to drink it black and learned to appreciate it that way.

I hate flavored coffees. I want coffee to taste like coffee, not a pineapple upside-down cake with chocolate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3408 users online. 197 members and 3211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X