300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions, please.

I have a friend that I have been talking to online for over two years. We've never met in person, but talk all the time online and on the phone. He is probably one of my best online friends. We have finally decided to meet this coming Friday, after lots of rearranging of schedules on both of our parts.

He lives about an hour from me and is driving down here. He doesn't know the area very well, so he asked if there was anything special I'd like to do. I wanted to compromise and do something we'd both like. He says whatever makes me happy.

I asked if he liked the zoo and he says he hasn't been there in years. He thought it was a good idea, weather permitting.

Has anyone got any suggestions? It's got to be a public place. Even though I feel like I've known him forever and a day, I still have to be careful.

Some other thoughts I had were to maybe go downtown in Philly to the Art Museum or Independence Hall.

Btw, when in TN, I finally met someone from the chat room. This man is all class, and it was an honor meeting him. Very sweet, very gracious (and can't forget to mention incredibly sexy!).

I'm hoping to meet up w/another good friend from O.com chat very soon. I'll fill ya's in on that as soon as he gets his butt to Philly (ES, that means you!)

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

So, who is this mysterious guy from the chat room?

As for the first guy.. I really don't know.. Just pick some places that you both will enjoy and will give you a chance to talk and get to know each other better.

Good luck!

Comment

kateykakes,
      Just make sure you meet in daylight and that you tell someone where you are going and all the information on the person you are going to see.
      However, you mentioned you have done this before so I assume you know how to be careful!!!
      Good luck and I hope he's all you want him to be!

Comment

Thanks WW! He's been a great friend. No matter what, I like him as is.

Definitely the daylight thing. And my best friend gets all the 411...she'll know exactly where I'll be and she knows I have my cell w/me all the time. She will call to check in on me.

I'll let ya's know how things went Friday evening.

------------------

Comment

I've spent all my life in Philly and visited the Art Museum for the first time last week on a work-related detail. If the weather is too nasty for the zoo, the Art Museum is an excellent back-up location. If you've never been there, it will exceed your excpectations, I'm sure. I plan on taking my wife down there later in the month.
          Be careful and have fun! (:
          "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
          http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Thanks LB. I will definitely keep the Art Museum in mind. I talked to my friend last night and asked what he thought about it if we got rained out at the zoo. He says he's never been and wouldn't mind going at all.

He's more the Harley type and wanted to go for a ride on the bike, which I declined, for two reasons. One, although we've been talking a long time, what do I REALLY know about him. I want to stay pubic. The only way to go. Second, I was in a motorcycle accident that left me in the hospital for a week, physical therapy, and crutches for 3 months. Bikes are nice to look at, but I'll never get on another again.

Question LB...have you ever gone to the aquarium in NJ? Thought about going there too, but the thought of being in Camden scares the hell out of me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 07-07-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by kateykakes:
              .I want to stay pubic. The only way to go.
              This might get you into trouble!

Whatever you do, hope you have a magic time!

Comment

Originally posted by ALadyToYou:
                .I want to stay pubic. The only way to go.
                This might get you into trouble!
                LMAO! Ut oh, Lady, now I'm sure to be in trouble! You know what they say about doing it in public, don't ya?

------------------

Comment

He's more the Harley type and wanted to go for a ride on the bike, which I declined, for two reasons. One, although we've been talking a long time, what do I REALLY know about him. I want to stay pubic. The only way to go. Second, I was in a motorcycle accident that left me in the hospital for a week, physical therapy, and crutches for 3 months. Bikes are nice to look at, but I'll never get on another again.
                  Katey,

I'm sorry to hear this! Bikes are a world of fun, but as you found out can lead to a world of hurt. This post is not necessarily amied at you since you say you won't get on a bike again.

But for everyone else. Never get on a motorcycle with someone unless you both know them, and know HOW they ride!

------------------
                  I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

Katey, the area around the Aquarium isn't so nice, but there are Troopers all over the place; it's safe.

Comment

Please don't be offended by this. I think it is a little strange to get so involved on the net that you have a desire to meet someone of the opposite sex for some personal time. Are you involved with anyone currently-if you are then this is not a good idea even if you think it's just a friendly meeting. He may have other feelings. I've seen this before-my ex told me it was just a friendship until I went off to Kuwait for military duty, then she moved in with this guy 2 weeks later. He was a felon (domestic violence with a handgun). Needless to say it didn't take long for me to file for divorce. I'm happier now, but that's beside the point. Let me know how it turns out. I hope for your sake you just have fun and let it be just that.

Comment

Hiya MSP,

No, not offended at all. I appreciate you being honest.

As I stated, this is strictly platonic. Contrary to popular belief, it really IS possible for men and women to have a friends only relationship.

I know to some it may seem strange meeting a person that you talk to online. But if you spend a lot of time online, you develop certain relationships w/people. It's easy to open yourself up and get to know someone.

No, I'm not currently seeing anyone, although I was for over a year. The man I'm meeting also ended a relationship a few months ago, but that doesn't change the fact that we're still meeting as just friends.

I understand what you're saying about how people can meet and expect something more. It happened with someone I met from the hockey forum I go to.

I won't go into great detail because it really is a long story (and for those who know it, stop laughing!), so I'll make a long, long story as short as I can. I would like to stress that no matter who meet, even if it's just as friends, always look your best, and damn it, wear deodorant! First impressions do count!

I met a guy from the hockey forum for dinner and a game, and I can't stress how many times I told him I wanted to go there as nothing more than friends, it was not a date, and I wanted to go Dutch. I was not ready to be involved with anyone, and besides, I liked him as a friend only. I've never held back in saying what I feel, so he knew from the beginning.

He must have been hard of hearing, because he put the moves on me ALL night. As much as I love the Flyers, I wished the game would have ended sooner, because I couldn't wait for the night to be done.

When the game was over and it was time to say goodbye, he left PO'd. I didn't end it w/a handshake, but in no means did I imply that I said we were an item. I gave him a friendly, but quick hug that implied thanks, I enjoyed the game and the conversation.

He tried to kiss me, ON MY LIPS, so I turned my head and he caught my cheek. He got in his car and took off in a hurry. Oh well, what part of platonic don't you understand?

Needless to say, we never hung out again. He did ask me to another game but I declined, and had no problems telling him why.

But anyway, this man I'm meeting on Friday knows my intentions, as I know his. I think we'll have fun meeting...at least hoping to anyway.

Sorry for the novel. I tried to make it short. So unlike me to yap so much!

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 07-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 07-11-2001).]

Comment

I was in Philly once to see The Who, maybe 18 years ago. I got a big kick out of seeing that Rocky statue from the movie.

Comment

Just be careful. Remember, child molesters just want to have ice cream right? Be safe, have fun, and go somewhere public during the day.

Comment

Wouldn't go anywhere but public. One can never be too safe.

I'm outtie...late for school. Have a great one today.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5990 users online. 346 members and 5644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X