300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna SHOOT my freakin' printer!

A couple of months ago, I bought a new Lexmark X73 printer/scanner/copier(I'm sure you've seen the ads on TV). It worked GREAT until last week, when it suddenly...and without warning...quit. My computer refuses to acknowledge its existence. Tech support from Lexmark has been ineffectual.

That was a $160 wasted........
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Lexmark blows puppies.
    I took mine back and brough an HP scanner/printer/copier.. It rocks.
    My parents had a Lexmark, it blew too.

Comment

I kick the lab's printer whenever it decides to break.

Comment

I spent 450 for an HP. Not to slam you, but cheap printers usually don't last.

It has scan, copy and fax, and it works great. I recommend it.

Comment

C/J, your dog has it's own printer?

Personally, I don't like the all-in-one printer/fax/scanner/copier/start-your-car-in-the-morning things. You usually don't get a very good one of any of those things and if any one of them breaks down, so do the rest of them.

I'm really impressed with some of the photo printers coming out these days. The ones which are affordab;e are getting pretty nice. I like the HPs.
          -Sparky

Comment

Sparky,

I "work" (read: do homework, surf the net, talk with girls) in a computer lab on campus. It's got one of those huge laser printers with six trays for paper that's networked to all three rooms, and about seventy PCs.

Comment

I had a Lexmark, then I threw it in the trash, where it belonged!

Comment

I have an HP and I love it. It's getting old though. But it hangs in there. Last week, I made 50 Christmas cards for a neighbor of mine. I took a picture of her with her dog for the front and added Merry Christmas inside. It was then she told me she has incurable cancer. So, I said to my HP, "Ok, 50 cards. You up to it?" And it made them beautifully.
                When I bought my digital camera (Kodak Easyshare..I love it), they had a special that for 25$ more, I got a Lexmark printer with a scaner, copier, etc. But I haven't used it yet. My HP is working fine.

Comment

Shooter, in my experience I have found that a 125 grain .357 is most effective on electronic devices that have to die.
                  Although I have a friend that used a .45ACP on a 35" Sony TV and it too was quite effective. (That friend is now banned from owning auto pistols)

Comment

First, make sure the printer cable isn't damaged. Then, try this:

1. Uninstall the printer driver. Go to Control Panels->Uninstall Programs, then select the printer driver to uninstall.
                    2. Turn off the computer.
                    3. Disconnect the printer cable.
                    4. Turn on the computer, let it start up fully, then shut down.
                    5. Reconnect the printer cable.
                    6. Turn on the computer again. This should bring up the "Add Hardware" wizard. Reinstall the printer drivers as normal.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Sig220Man:
                      First, make sure the printer cable isn't damaged. Then, try this:

1. Uninstall the printer driver. Go to Control Panels->Uninstall Programs, then select the printer driver to uninstall.
                      2. Turn off the computer.
                      3. Disconnect the printer cable.
                      4. Turn on the computer, let it start up fully, then shut down.
                      5. Reconnect the printer cable.
                      6. Turn on the computer again. This should bring up the "Add Hardware" wizard. Reinstall the printer drivers as normal.

If this doesn't work, see re-boot method by Mack811

Comment

I have to agree on Lexmark. No more for me. My HP's have always been great.
                        "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Currently, I'm thinking more along the lines of a couple of 'Tactical' 00.....
                          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

The HP we have is flawless. It faxes, scans, copies, and prints, and what you see is exactly the image you get. It's an ink jet which is the only thing I don't like about it because the color cartrige is expensive, but I knew that when I bought it.

Comment

I have had this HP a long time. And we bought off EBay for $100. I use it a lot for printing out pictures I draw.
                              But what I'm hinting for for Christmas is a new Computer desk. I do a lot of work on my computer and I want an "L" shaped desk. But then, we can't beat what we paid for the one I have...20$! lol I saw an ad on the Internet for it and went right over. It's nothing special, kind of cheap looking but for 20$, it works fine for me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2490 users online. 166 members and 2324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X