300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud of the little one

Just when I thought my 5 year old was getting so obnoxious that I was never going to let him live to see 6 he goes and suprises me and makes me proud gaining yet another lease on life. We went to a big 4th of July celebration last night and they had those blow up jumper things that the kids get in and bounce around. There was a little guy in there like 2 maybe 3 years old that probably shouldn't have been in there with the bigger kids in the first place. He hits a seam and goes down face first on the floor on the edge. All the kids just keep bouncing on him while he lays there screaming. My little guys goes over to him and stands over him leaning against the wall so the other kids can't bounce on him and starts talking to him until the lady running the thing can save him. Sometimes they sure can surprise you huh?

It was times like that that saved my son's life, DR! lol One of my proudest moments came whe he was 9. There was this couple at school who were extremely rich but also extremely down to earth. People would trip over there feet to get to know them but they were wise to peoples ways. I was sitting with my son one day when this couple came up and started talking to me. They both wanted me to know how good my son was with their little ones and said they had never met any child with as much personality as David had. He just beamed. It was such a kind thing for them to say and really boosted his self-esteem.
    The other thing I have always liked about my son is that he is very modest. David is a VERY handsome young man, always has been but he has never one time let it go to his head. When I was in the hospital one time, my husband bought him up to see me. The nurse's motuh just dropped when she saw him and she said, "Do you realize how handsome you are, young man?" David just blushed and said thank you. He never spoke of it again either.

Comment

It's the little things that make heroes, huh, DR? A 5 year old that understands and reacts to a situation like that shows a lot of promise for later on in life. Bet you are proud of him.

And don't worry about him being only 5 & being obnoxious. Wait until he's a teenager. Now that's an age where they add to obnoxious. I swore when my oldest son turned 13 that it should NOT be against the law to lock him in a room & not release him until he turned 16. Then at 16 I wanted a two year extension! We fought a battle of wits and wills with that kid almost every day. Then, the summer before his senior year of high school, something snapped. He became responsible, considerate, polite. I went to one of his summer swim meets (his age group was almost non-existent but he wanted to sharpen his skills for his senior year & go for some records). A man approached me after the meet & asked if I was one of the coaches. I said I did work with the team (I was the assistant coach for the high school team). He pointed out my son & began to praise him for his attitude, sportsmanship in helping the younger swimmers (even those on other teams), and politeness towards the timers and judges (he would shake their hands & thank them for their being there). I had to have him point out who he was talking about again. The man wanted me to pass on his appreciation to the parents of the boy. I told him I would & walked away just beaming. Yes, sometimes they do surprise you.

Comment

Awww Deseert. you should be proud.. Thats a sig of good parenting

Comment

DR, sounds like you're raising your child right. He deserves to have you be proud of him.
          "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
          http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

They sure can make you proud, can't they!

------------------
            I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2706 users online. 179 members and 2527 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X