300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn !!!

Today (5th July 2001) one of my cop friend had a really bad car accident when he finishes his duty and going home by walk. (sorry my false english-Its not my 1st language) His legs are broken and he falls half-dead on the road The man who drives the car gets out of the car and starts shouting at my friend lying on the road. He starts to shout all the ppl there. We take him to the department and he said "Leave me!!! i must go...i have a LIVE TV SHOW...I am very very mad at the moment and some of my friends kick him. Now here is the Question: "How can he thinks about the DAMN Live TV Show when he hits someone with his car? What about humanity? I punch on his mouth (i know it is not right) and say: "What good is a Live TV Show...if you are unable to speak?"

What about the human rights?

------------------
    Stay Safe,
    NeoCop
    "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
    www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
    Stay Safe, @NeoCop

I just receive an SMS msg. And i learned that my friend is good. He is at hospital now and soon will be in medical operation. I hope everything will be ok with him. My prayers are with him.

------------------
    Stay Safe,
    NeoCop
    Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

I'm glad to hear that your friend is on the road to recovery.

Comment

O'siyo Neo,

How you react to such an incident, which involves a fellow-officer, is what separates the police officer from the ordinary civilian. I think you are planning to come to America someday, are you not?

In Turkey, within your culture, you may not be confronted with your reaction to the accident. But you know, its not what a police officer is supposed to do. Like it or not, you have to be impersonal. Let the others take personal action upon the driver.
        Let it be you that can set down and get all the information from the driver.

If you are having trouble with English, would it be easier to communicate in Spanish or German? I am comfortable in either of those languages too, if you are.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Our prayers too will be for your friend, Neo.

Comment

Thanx for your good wishes GDenman and ALadyToYou...I hope everything will be ok with my friend...To Jim Burnes: I know my reaction is not right...I act very very impersonal i know that. But the situation is not that easy. I dont act like that cause the hittin man is a cop...for anyone i do the same. I mean its not related with the police. But ofcourse i am not supposed to do that i know i am wrong and you are right what you said. Yeah i am planning to come to U.S one day i hope that. Turkish is my mother language i know only English as a foreign language...so its impossible for me to communicate in Spanish or German...sorry Again i really thank you all for your good wishes...God save all the heros i hope.

------------------
            Stay Safe,
            NeoCop
            Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

Neo,

I will also remember your friend in my prayers.

Nell
              When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Thank you Neltja...we really need that

------------------
                Stay Safe,
                NeoCop
                Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

Neo,

Do NOT worry about your use of the english language. You are MUCH better at it than most (possibly all) of us are at YOUR native language.

I too will pray for your friend. While I understand your feelings as do ALL officers who have been on the job more than a week or so, what Jim Burnes said is correct.

Good luck my friend.

------------------
                  I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

Hi Neo,

I like Turkish laws. They are very strict! Also, I think that Turkish cops have more leeway and power than American cops.

Anyways, I hope your friend is going to be okay.

Comment

Thank you Don and me again for your wishes...thanx a lot...

To Don: Thanx for your sayings about my English. If there is no problem for you, then there is no problem for me. I try my best at it. I know i am wrong with my act to that guy but you know the feeling. I am sorry for that cause i dont like cops seen bad by the other ppl.

To me again: Is it a good thing for the LAWS to be STRICT? i mean, Why we(all ppl) dont understand good things and show love and respect to each other? Is that really hard or are we really need STRICT LAWS to understand that? Anyways i understand what you mean. I dont know the meaning of "Leeway" i am sorry. And lemme say that Turkish Cops dont have POWER than U.S Cops or any country cops. I can say that WE DONT HAVE ANY POWER AND RIGHTS. Thats true.

Thanx for all your good wishes friends...Take care and have fun all...

------------------
                      Stay Safe,
                      NeoCop
                      Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

Neo,

The word "leeway" means a degree of freedom of action or thought.

I agree with the others, your English is very good.

Nell
                        When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Thanx a lot Neltja

------------------
                          Stay Safe,
                          NeoCop
                          Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6784 users online. 350 members and 6434 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X