Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE call PETA...do it for the turkeys !!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE call PETA...do it for the turkeys !!!!

oh my God...OH THE HUMANITY!!!!
    ----------------------------------------------

Eating Turkey Is A Foul Choice
    Green Bay Press-Gazette (Letter To Editor) ^ | 11/26/02 | Gordon Gifford

Eating turkey is a foul choice

GREEN BAY — This Thanksgiving celebration should provide welcome relief from the violence-ridden national debate over war on Iraq and terrorism. Unfortunately, many Americans will perpetuate the violence by giving thanks for their life, health and happiness on the grave of a tortured, dead bird on their dinner table.

The 340 million turkeys raised in the U.S. each year have nothing to give thanks for. For 16 weeks, they breathe toxic fumes in crowded sheds, as their beaks and toes are cut off to reduce damage from stress-induced aggression.

At the slaughterhouse, they are beheaded by an electric saw and dumped into a vat of scalding water, sometimes still conscious.

Ironically, turkeys get their revenge. Their flesh is laced with cholesterol, saturated fats, hormones, antibiotics and deadly pathogens like Salmonella and Campylobacter. Careful adherence to government warning labels is required to avoid food poisoning.

The grain fed to turkeys denies lifesaving foodstuffs to millions of starving people in Africa and Asia. Each year, U.S. turkey factories dump 10 billion pounds of manure into our waterways.

I invite you to join me and millions of other Americans in celebrating this Thanksgiving with nonviolent, wholesome, delicious products of our earth’s bounty: grains, vegetables and fruits.

Our holiday fare may include a mock turkey made of tofu or seitan, lentil or nut roast, stuffed squash, corn chowder or chestnut soup, candied yams, cranberry sauce, pumpkin or pecan pie and carrot cake. An Internet search on vegetarian Thanksgiving will provide more information than you need to know.

Gordon Gilford
    -----------------------------------------------

how bout i do my impersonation of a chef and stuff that tofu mock turkey right up your ***!!!

now SHUT UP and slice me another big slab of dat white meat!!!!!!

[ 11-27-2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

Beheaded & conscious? How does that work? Yeah, I'm looking forwarded to sitting down to a big ol' tofu turkey. I'll also be looking forward to throwing up.

Comment

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Turkey.

Comment

Not only will I have lots of turkey tomorrow, but I'll have left overs the rest of the week, muahhahahahah!
        No partner is worth your tears -
        the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

MMMMMMMMMM Beheaded.
          Bill R

Comment

I loves me some turkey.

But nothing really satisfies me like dead cow with a baked tater.

[ 11-27-2002, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

We had a pet turkey once that we raised from childhood. It was a family pet, and unfortunatly it died one year right at Thanksgiving. We couldn't decide how best to to dispose of it's carcass until someone suggested we cremate it. Cremate it. we said?

Yeah, they said, at 325 degrees for four hours.

Comment

I don't know where they get the idea that turkey is loaded with cholesterol--the light meat of turkey has about as little cholesterol as any living tissue can--it's even better than chicken breast in that regard. Yes, the skin of turkeys (and chickens) has a lot of cholesterol, but most of us don't eat the skin. My mom always skinned her chicken meat, too, so we avoided the problem there, also.

As to denying food to the starving throughout the world, get a life! We already send more food around than would be needed to feed everybody if they would just distribute it adequately. What we feed to turkeys and other livestock is not being taken from third world stocks, and if we did not feed it to the animals/birds, it probably would just rot in the fields. The problem with world starvation has little to do with supply, but a lot with cost and distribution. Does PETA want to pay to ship and distribute all that corn?

MHO
                DaveInTx
                Texan By Choice, not Accident

[ 11-27-2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: DaveInTx ]

Comment

I just couldn't stand the thought of all those innocent carrots and potatoes ripped up out of the ground, thrown into a basket and bound tightly. Then, they get thrown into a box for days on end (this sensory deprivation is to avoid the stress-angst buildup that would destroy a mentally healthy carrot), after which they are thrown once again into clear, plastic bags-which must slowly and agonizingly asphyxiate them right in front of our eyes in the produce aisle.
                  Poor guys.

And then, to add horror to horror, us vile carnivores take them home to put them in the baster next to....the turkey.

Peace, and Happy Turkey day to all!!!!!!!
                  American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4468 users online. 288 members and 4180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X