Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PelicanDriver
    replied
    I haven't checked out photoaccess.com yet. I just put an order in at shutterfly.com. I was pleased to see they don't have the 1 meg limit on uploaded files that costco has. We'll see how the quality is in a few days.

BTW, they give you 15 free 4x6's for signing up and postage is free through the 3rd, I think. What's today?

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    Thanks for all the comments. I liked the dilapidated barn one also.. In my 2nd bedroom that I turned into my office, the decor is black and white and I have some of my B&W prints hanging on the wall and I matted/framed that one to hang.

Sparky - I went digital about 2.5 years ago. I bring all my photos into Photoshop for touch ups, color enhancement etc and its easier than scanning in photos.. I'm getting back into traditional though.. Next month I am buying a brand spankin' new Nikon. My Ricoh SLR has been broke for a number of years which is part of why I went digital. I'm going to start doing local newspaper assignments and they require you to have a SLR in addition to a digi cam.

The only digi print processor I use is photoaccess.com. They make it extremely easy to upload a large quantity of images and the quality is excellent. Also, it only takes about three days for delivery.

I have a demo printer at the office that I am going to try and convince the boss to lease. It's a Savin something or other and retails for about $6,000. The only bad thing is, is that its a laser and that severely limits the paper you can print on. Other than that, the quality is very good.

[ 11-30-2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: RachelR ]

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    Raychel.. That is pure ART. I loved it!

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    Beautiful, Raychel! My son has taken up a bit of photography. He took classes in high schol. When he couldn't drive anymore, we got him a really good camera so he'd have something to do and he had done well with it. We also got him a really nice lap top with digital camera he likes using. It's hard, with him not being able to get out like he'd like to but his photography gets him out of the house and we noticed his depression seemed better.
    I showed him your pictures and he think you re a great photographer. So do I!

Leave a comment:

• PelicanDriver
    replied
    Rachel, you are a digital goddess! Very nice 9/11 collages.

I've gone primarily digital and found online photo processors at costco.com and bestbuy.com. So far I've only tried Costo and am happy with the results, prices and convenience. But I don't recommend it without high-speed internet. A modem would take forever.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    Hey! Somebody else who likes BW photos of old barns and stuff! I am SO happy!

I used to have a bunch of stuff when I was younger, but during a not so brief bout of couch surfing, they got lost somewhere and I later hocked most of my photo gear.

On the film, have you tried a 23A red filter? Or a 29? you can get some really cool darkned skys with the 29 and the 23A will improve the blue contrast a good bit, as well.

I used to get some nice stuff with blue filters as well when you find those old buildings with the flaking red paint.

Are you still doing film, or are you going all digital? You could photoshop the filter stuff.

I'll probably go all digital soon since the pixle technology is growing by leaps and bounds along with printer technology.

I'm predicting that within two to three years pro-sumer level digital cameras will be coming out tht have resolution that rivals medium format. And I think the non-commercial photo printers will be catching up as well.

Oh yeah.. I was gonna say that was really nice composition on Delapidated Barn. Those are some odd angles and lighting. You framed the structure and the contrast from the light very well!

[ 11-27-2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Sparky ]

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    My compliments on the photography...very nice work.

Leave a comment:

• DaveInTx
    replied
    Very nice pics, Rachel. I'm not going for photojournalism, but I have a few pics out on webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/davidecasteel

DaveInTx
    Texan By Choice, not Accident

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    Beautiful pictures Rachel. I can't wait till I get my digital camera, I love photography.

[ 11-26-2002, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wow, that's quite impressive! I love the one of Cincinnati at night and I also like the cabin on the first page. You're such a talented lady....what are you doing here? LOL (Just kidding!)

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm sure you're going to be very successful in your career.

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    The earlier ones were taken with a Ricoh SLR, the most recent ones with a Sony Mavica digicam and then were brought into Photoshop.

I'm studying to be a photojournalist actually. Thanks for the comments

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    Wonderful Pictures! Thanks for sharing them.
    What kind of camera are you using?

Have you ever thought of going pro or are you already?

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    See, I knew I could get you to post pictures..... of some kind.

Wow, nice stuff. The Baptist Church is awesome.

[ 11-26-2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: OfcMikey ]

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    started a topic My Photography

My Photography

I've uploaded a small sampling of my photography into a web gallery. I have many, many more images that are not included in this collection. Peruse at your leisure...

My Gallery

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4252 users online. 262 members and 3990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X