300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tis the season...RIIIIIIIGHT!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&u=/ap/20021125/ap_on_re_us/checking_santa_1&printer=1

What next.....mug shots of Rudolph? ?
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

It's not even THANKSGIVING!

Can we hold off on the Christmas Cash In until AFTER Turkey Day?! Is it that hard? Grrrr.

I worked retail two winters in a row - one at Blockbuster, the other at Sam Goody's. It was horrible. Retail clerks with rare exception get treated like ****. "Why is the line so slow?" "Why do you want to go on break, you've only been standing on your feet for the last ten hours."

Holiday season my buttcheek.

[ 11-26-2002, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: C in a J ]

Comment

Standard Operating Procedure around here. Lots of places with Santas check nowadays to see if they are hiring a child molester. After all, they're sitting on their lap. [Eek!]

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by C in a J:
        It's not even THANKSGIVING!
        I worked retail two winters in a row It was horrible. Retail clerks with rare exception get treated like ****. "Why is the line so slow?" "Why do you want to go on break, you've only been standing on your feet for the last ten hours." Holiday season my buttcheek.

Try 14 long years! Whats a holiday?
        Here's my question. Thanksgiving and Christmas falls on the same day every single year! Yet the wait till the week or even day before to buy everything. Why?
        NEWS FLASH: The can of peas you are buying have been in the warehouse since atleast August [Eek!] It has been on the shelf since October. It is not going to taste better, look better, or be any fresher if you get it Wednesday at 5:00 PM! That is if there is any left! Yeah we will keep plenty of can pumkin on the shelf for you! Because we know how much you love it, that you gotta have it. Well guess what! If we don't sell the surplus this year, the same can WILL be on the shelf NEXT year, promise! (People don't bake Pumkin pies any other time BUT November 20-30!)
        YOu want to know how to defrost a 25lb turkey that you just bought Wednesday at 8:00PM! And have it ready for dinner at 1:00PM, SHOVE IT UP YOUR @#$! That's how! What do you mean why we are all out of fresh turkeys 2 hours before thanksgiving .
        Turkey gravy, Bell seasoning, and dinner rolls? What there are none left on the shelf? Yeah NO Sh*t, Thanksgiving is tomorrow!

Please people for my own sanity, think!

Christmas eve, we close at 5PM, the sign has been in the window for 2 weeks, its been in the flyer for 3 weeks. Hey, we've been closing at 5 christmas eve for as long as I been working in this God forsaken place! AND YOU WAIT TILL 4:59 to do your Christmas dinner shopping?!?! ARE YOU STUPID?!? Hey, I got 2 kids who want daddy home to hang up the stockings, read Twas the night, and make hot coco with, and you want me to feel bad, that you don't have your christmas Ham!?! Get a life will ya! Hey I have to work twice as many hours this week because of the holiday, and I'm on salary, which means, I get the same amount of money to deal with A-holes like you, that I got last week working my normal 50hours! So take your Christmas ham and SHove it in your Hannakah Goose, then shove that up your Thanksgiving Turkey! I'm going to have a beer, watch football, and if I'm really lucky not see anyone who doesnot have my last name

Happy Holiday everyone!

Comment

Whats the issue? That they drug test and do background checks on all of the santa applicants?

To me this is a good thing, I wouldn't want a child molester getting his jollies while little suzie or johnnie tell him what they want for Christmas. Nor would I want a drunk or junkie saying or doing something that may scar a little one.

As for rudolph, he better be tagged or I'm calling the dog catcher on him.
          "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

MK and anyone else that works/worked in retail, check out the site in my sig. it's a great site for people that deal with 'customers'.

I too think it is a good idea to do an extensive(sp) back-ground check on mall santa's.

[ 11-27-2002, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: DuckFan ]
            "Do not let any one claim to be a true American if they ever attempt to remove religion from politics."
            --George Washington

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Mortal Knight:
              [QBI'm going to have a beer, watch football, and if I'm really lucky not see anyone who doesnot have my last name

Happy Holiday everyone![/QB]

MK, please have more than one beer--it sounds as if you really need it! And do enjoy the holidays with your family (people who have your last name).

Other than that, don't hold back--tell us how you really feel! (joke) Seriously, if that rant had the effect of purging your system of a lot of accumulated bile, then it was worth it. I know you cannot scream like that at your customers, much as you would like to, sometimes.

Oh, BTW, my mom made pumpkin pies all year long, not just at Thanksgiving! Good thing, too--pumpkin pie is my #2 favorite (chocolate meringue is #1). Mom made pies people would kill for. Now she is gone, may she RIP.

DaveInTx
              Texan By Choice, not Accident

[ 11-27-2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: DaveInTx ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2718 users online. 135 members and 2583 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X