300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full moons

Do any of you really see a difference in overall crime or calls when there is a full moon?

Mitzi

At my station we joke about the full moon. We always say "it's a full moon tonight, it's gonna go crazy"
    It's a joke but it seems to have some truth behind it.
    It always goes a little bit more silly, especially violent crime. Maybe it's our imagination, maybe not.

I had a friend who owned a farm once. The only time he killed his chickens was on a full moon!!!!!

Uk
    "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

Comment

I can't back this up with statistics, but it sure SEEMED to me like things were a little more crazy on a full moon. IMHO there is little that is more relaxing than being waaaay out in the desert (off duty) on a night with a full moon!

------------------
      I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

yawn again

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 07-04-2001).]

Comment

It's back.....

Comment

What is it with trolls recently. There seem to be loads.

Go away and find another forum to bug !

Ukcop
            "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

Comment

Years ago there was a study of crime and call stats hat did support the full moon theory of more activity. It was based upon police calls and ER admissions.

I was told that is where the term LUNATIC came from ?????

------------------
              "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton
              "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

All I know is that when I worked at a nursing home every time there was a full moon we were kept very busy. Those residents that had psychiatric problems were especially wild on those nights.

I have to tell you that there were several nurses aides that would try to make sure they weren't scheduled on a full moon

I just figured that it certainly made the night more interesting and time just flew by
                "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Every full moon, we have more domestics and more assaults. I believe it.

------------------
                  We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
                  "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

I never noticed any difference at all, I could just see better on a full moon. And furthermore I don't recall arresting anyone on the 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, or Arbor day It always seemed like the brass really beefed up the officers on holidays, but it never amounted to anything. We were just running all over each other.

[This message has been edited by goodside (edited 07-05-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 164 members and 2961 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X