300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the 4th

For you LEO's that will be watching fireworks from a DWI Checkpoint...What are your thoughts on working the 4th?

------------------
    You Carry a Badge? Then Carry a Gun.
    -----The Untouchables

I'm not going to be working a checkpoint, but I will be working at our city's fireworks festival. We'll be out there directing traffic, shutting down roads, patrolling the grounds, and possibly have our bike patrol out there.

Mike

Comment

Not working on the Fourth and loving it

Working the 4p-12mid shift this rotation...took the holiday off.....I ain't gonna chase firework calls all night.....nope, not gonna do it!!!!
      Steve

Comment

Im working the 4th, in the middle of a festival. Im more than sure it will be as interesting as my last shift, full moon and all!!!!!!!!!
        "But officer, that stop sign is usually not there!" It appears as though it is there today ma'am!

Comment

I'll be doing the same as Mike... Should be fun. I have to be up at 0545 on Thursday so that should make things interesting. I don't plan on getting home until 0200.

[This message has been edited by adam (edited 07-04-2001).]

Comment

I'll be floating in the pool at the Tropicana thank you very much. It's my RDO and momma and the kids and I are gonna play tourist.

Comment

This is my first July 4th off in three years, and I am going to do.....nothing. Heck, I think this is the first holiday I'm not working since at least last summer.

Comment

I was supposed to have the 4th off this year, but because several officers chose to leave our department, I have had to change my set of days off, and I no longer have the 4th off.... Figures, first one in several years and it gets taken away. Oh well...I'll see if I can't go 2 for 2 in the drunk hunt!

Yall have a great 4th!

Comment

Fourth of July was the ONE holiday that I always did my best to take off. I usually got stuck working Thanksgiving and Christmas so the guys with familys could have them off. I usually got stuck working Memorial Day and Labor day just because of the volume of traffic.

So I figured 7/4 was MY day to be off on a holiday. Now I'm retired, and guess what. . .My WIFE has to work the fourth!!!

------------------
                  I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by I C Dead People:

Yawn.

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 07-04-2001).]

Whooooop whoooop whoooop. Troll alert!

Comment

Thunderstorms made my job alot easier on the Fourth!

Comment

Worked traffic for parades all day, hot and sunny. Good day except for the old lady that almost ran me over.

Comment

My thoughts??? Hmmm...about 32 bucks an hour!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

------------------
                          No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista
                          No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

Seemed pretty slow in the afternoon. Things starting picking up towards the evening and everybody started heading to the beach. The weather wasn't great so that probably lowered the amount of visitors.

I got assigned to a fixed detour location and spent the evening directing traffic. Had a minor TC and a couple deuces on bicycles. Tons of fun!

Comment

G.A.,

32 bucks an hour? Now that's what I'm talking about! : Can't wait until I become a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, I'm willing to work Christmas, Thanksgiving, and every other holiday. Gotta make that Chessezzzzzzzz!
                              I can only please one person per day, Today is not your day and tommorrow dosen't look good either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6193 users online. 367 members and 5826 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X