Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haitian Boat Refugees in Florida

You guys see this on the news???

It made me realize how lucky I am to live here. It also reminded me just how much of a joke our "Homeland Security" is.

Granted, the Haitians were peaceful and merely were seeking a better life in the US. The problem is next time it may not be Haitians, it could be the next Mohammed Atta and his band of suicidal savages.

I realize lots of illegal immigrants come into the US everyday. I guess seeing on the news just how easy it was makes me shake my head .

On a different note-
    I understand they will be deported because of their Economic (not political) refugee status.

Does anyone think they shouldn't be deported?

[ 10-30-2002, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I'd like to see them stay, even if it means they have to live in poverty here in the states - Poverty here is an entirely differant beast than poverty in Haiti. I'd just feel bad forcing people to go back to a country like Haiti.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
    -Mark Twain

Comment

I would like to see them stay too. Why send them back when they can stay here and be productive members of our welfare system. Just think of the job security they will provide for those in LE. Oh and lets not forget the job security they will provide for those in the Medical profession. It is a fact that Haitians do have a high rate of aids. Just think of all the benefits we as Americans will gain from this. OH please let them stayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

PS.

Comment

your tax dollars at work!!!
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I am watching Jeb Bush give a press confrence on this deal. What a joke, I 'll bet some heads will roll on this one. It was overrun by some city council woman, she was telling him you need to call your brother and tell him to free them from detention. hahahahah

Comment

quote:
            ", she was telling him you need to call your brother and tell him to free them from detention."

OH BROTHER!!!
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

oh sister....
              "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

Send them back. Why?

If they can't afford to live here they either get on welfare for life or they'll do like so many other poor, uneducated, and unmotivated immigrants have done and turn to crime.

These are people who either couldn't or wouldn't make their own country a better place to live. What makes one think that they make the US any better.

I'm not being mean and if these people had a skill and could make a living that's fine they can stay; but just dumping the poor and ignorant here isn't going to solve any poor countries problems and only make ours worse.

Comment

I suppport sending each and every one of them back to Haiti!

I think it is bull$hit that they are seeking a better life here. Most of them are in my opinion trying to get here for all the handouts they can receive, not to mention the life of crime that they will in all likelihood continue, or start.
                  Retired

Comment

I have mixed feelings towards current immigration law and policy but I do think that if someone wants to come to our country, they need to follow the proper guidelines and procedures for doing so. These people didn't so I say ship em back till they do it the right way.
                    No partner is worth your tears -
                    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Let
                      "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

I'm trying to remember what's emblazoned on the statue of liberty... *thinks hard*

Oh well, this country doesn't need any stinking immigrants, and we never have!
                        Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                        -Mark Twain

Comment

n567

quote:
                          Originally posted by n567:
                          I'm trying to remember what's emblazoned on the statue of liberty... *thinks hard*

Oh well, this country doesn't need any stinking immigrants, and we never have!

I totally agree with you that we don't need anymore immigrants! Well said, you have my support. Look what the Cuban immigrants have done to Miami Beach!
                          Retired

Comment

quote:
                            Yes I know what's on that statue and my Great-grandparents walked right past it, LEGALLY!
                            Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

Yah, we need more uneducated, unskilled labor.
                              Send em back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5666 users online. 366 members and 5300 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X