300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weeks of NFL down

I love this season so far. Talk about wild finishes and stinky teams. Here's my top five and worst five teams:

1) New England - I admit it. I was one of the ones who thought they got lucky and wouldn't be good this year. Now I'm hating the fact they are in the same division as my Dolphins.

2) Miami - Okay I am biased but they are 2-0 even if ones of those wins was against Detroit which should only count as half a win.

3) New Orleans - As long as they don't fizzle at the end like years past they might go places.

4) Denver - I'm not sold on Griese but 2-0 against good teams is 2-0.

5) Buffalo - losing a game on two kickoff returns doesn't take away from the fact that Bledsoe is great and this team is fun.

Worst Teams:

1) Detroit - Hey Millen and Morningweg, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

2) Baltimore - does my heart good to see a murderer's team suck

3) Carolina - 2-0 means nothing when the two teams you beat are the worst two in football.

4) Houston - I like Carr but fact is he is a rookie and they are an expansion team. The week 1 victory was on emotion and now we will see them suffer like all expansion teams do.

5) Dallas - They beat the Titans. Who cares. It was a fluke. Losing to the Texans cements them in the bottom five for sometime to come. There is nothing to like about this team. Not even overrated Emmitt Smith. How many yards would any average back rush for behind that O-line Dallas had in the early 90's.

Early Superbowl pics:

Denver - 19
    Philadelphia - 40

New England, Miami, and Buffalo are all going to beat each other up to much and knock one another off leaving the door open for Denver in the AFC. Philadelphia is just a shot in the dark about an NFC that baffles me so far (The Rams 0-2?)

Stupid Vikings, stupid kicker, stupid 0 and 2...
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Kurt Warner and Derek Jeter.....the reasons why I love wathcing Football and Basebal.. sigh~~~
      "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

QUOTE:
        "5) Dallas - They beat the Titans. Who cares. It was a fluke. Losing to the Texans cements them in the bottom five for sometime to come. There is nothing to like about this team. Not even overrated Emmitt Smith. How many yards would any average back rush for behind that O-line Dallas had in the early 90's."

of course everything looks good on paper. on football mag predicted the 'Boys to win the nfc east. being a diehard Cowboys fan, i was glad to see that, but i doubt if that will happen.

IF they get a consistent QB, they will do fine. shoot...after the last couple of seasons i'd be happy if they finish 8-8, and 9-7 would be gravy. but i don't think they will win the division by a long shot.

and they better focus on winning the game and NOT on emmitt getting his rushing record. that will all come in due time, but WINNING the game is first priority!!

as long as the steelers, browns, and vikings lose then i'm happy!!!
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Being a Dallas fan it hurts to see us in Zamboni's Worst 5 list but he's basically right about the offensive line. Until it improves, Dallas will not win a whole lot of games. The joke is: How does the Dallas Cowboys & Taliban differ? The Taliban has a running game. Carter is hot or cold & we need to find a more consistent quarterback. There will be a truckload coming out of colleges in the next couple of years. Defense is good & they say defense wins games but it can only carry you so far.

Houston does have the makings of a good team but there is no immediate expectations. Maybe in a couple of years.

The season is way too early though. Meteorologists can't predict the weather with any acurassy further than three days & I don't believe we can predict the playoffs until over half the season is done. It's always interesting though to try.

Comment

I seem to be temporarily unbanned again but this may be my last post. I needed to change one of my rankings. The more I think about it the more I can't put Buffalo up there. Week 1 they lose because of two kickoff TD's. Week 2 they win because of two missed extra points. Whats week 3 gonna be: two punt return TD's, two safeties, or two something else. Plus Buffalo isn't really that good and I forgot about Oakland. Right now Oakland is a good team. But given that Gannon, Rice, and Brown are about 160 years old combined I think they will hit a wall about week 10.

Comment

In as much as I am a big Patriot fan, I really don't think they'll repeat this year. Brady is good, but I think the steelers will regain their composure after bye week. When they return from their 2 week but kicking from Da Coach!
              Vinitari is a great kicker, in fact he's mainly responsible for most of the post season wins last year, but he can not carry the team alone. As far as the rest of the guys, they got to keep the collective effort going. As long as there is no #1 guy this team will make it to the play off.
              Unfortunely,(hopefully not), that is where their seaon ends
              Prediction: steelers (34)vs. New England (28) AFC championship.
              Opionions are subject to change without notice

Comment

I don't follow football at all but I can tell you will be in last place.. the Bengals!
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

The Steelers will never win the Super Bowl with Kordell Stewart as their QB. He has shown numerous times that he can't win the 'big' game. One advantage that the Steelers have is that they play in the weakest division, so they should have a respectable record when the season ends.

The Raiders are a team to watch because of their veterans. With Gannon as the QB, they will always be a tough team to beat, that guy can play.

Miami is a team to watch, they finally have a quality RB in Ricky Williams, but they haven't played anyone yet.

Denver is always a tough team to play, but can Griese take them all the way?

Right now the Patriots are the team to beat, they easily have the best coaching on all sides of the ball, and they have some talent too.

It
                  "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

Go Saints!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and for my hubbie-- GO Raiders!!!!!

Zamboni,

I agree, I hope that they don't fizzle. I also hope that I don't have to wait THIRTY years before they make it to the SECOND round of the playoffs.

Yep, NE will be tough.........
                    "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                    --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

Why didn't anyone mention the Bears??? They are 2-0 and making another run for the division championship. I see another super bowl shuffle in the near future.
                      If there is a tourist season, why can't I shoot them???

Comment

Bears. Please. The VIKINGS almost beat them! The Vikings for pete's sake!

While we're only going into week 3 and it's really too early to make predictions...

Patriots- 'look like' they're offense is for real, could make another super bowl run.

Ram- I'm going to predict that they don't make the play offs. I think that the league has finally figured them out, and Martz will implode. possible wild card if they get their act together.

Vikings- possible wild card if they shape up, they're young and should get better as the year progresses and they brought back the highest scoring player of all time, Gary Anderson.

Raiders- Playoff bound.

Miami- over rated, possible playoffs

Phily- over rated, possible playoffs

Buffalo- not impressed. yes they beat the Vikings but the Vikes have the 32nd ranked pass defense.

New Orleans- too soon to tell

Denver- looks tough, defense is strong, offense is less so

Steelers- doesn't look good. they need to figure out how to stop the pass or they won't win a game all year.
                        On the wings of a dove
                        Let's roll for justice
                        Let's roll for truth
                        Let's not let our children grow up
                        Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

I heard someone on sportstalk radio the other day say that teams finally figured out to use the "playstation" offense against Pittsburgh. 4 wide receivers and 1 back. I thought it was funny as I was playing Madden 2002 at the time I heard it.
                          If there is a tourist season, why can't I shoot them???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4145 users online. 237 members and 3908 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X