300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featherlegging????

i stopped a guy in a large dumptruck today. he accused me of "featherlegging." ok, i'm almost 28 years old, i have been in LE for almost 7 years and i've never heard this term before.

i'm assuming it means cheesy? i wrote him for "fail to remove loose material from non-load carrying parts." personally, this is a great ticket. i have a bunch of paint chips from semi trucks on my car that resulted from this.

anyone?

He meant you had better things to do than stop him, like catching terrorists or something, which isn't your job.

Comment

LOL...must be trucker jargon.

The other night my husband was supposed to be getting my luggage out of the car and after about 15 minutes I realized he wasn't there. My bags were dropped in a puddle outside the car door and the doors were open. He had some guy stopped a few houses down. Apparently he saw a truck while he was unpacking the car, which was driving up and down the sidewalks on our street. So he hopped in his cruiser and stopped the guy and gave him a $175 ticket for driving erraticly (sp). LOL

I am surprised we didn't get egged yet. All the cops in town have for giving out tickets recently.
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

that's why i make it a point to live at least 20 miles from the area i work in. it makes things a lot easier when you're off work.

Comment

Great idea, only we can't do that. I guess we just have to take our chances. If we were local PD, we could live in New Hampshire if we wanted to. Being SP, we have to live within the barracks coverage area. Bring on the eggs! Not!! [Eek!]

At least he had his gun on him, but no vest. I hate it when he does that, but if the guy was drunk he could have killed someone if he hadn't been stopped. He was "fu*****" around, so he said. Must have been a teenager with nothing better to do on a Sunday night but drive into people's front yards. Sounds like fun.
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4482 users online. 326 members and 4156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X