300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains, it pours

Sometimes people feel better just getting their thoughts out - whether it be telling a friend or loved one what's on their mind, writing the words out on paper, or even typing them out on a bb. So I guess that's the purpose of my post. To just try to feel better. Please don't mistake that for sympathy, because that's the last thing I desire.

The past month has been a total nightmare with these kidney stones, and I wish I could say it was all done and over with. I go back in the hospital yet again this Thursday to have a stent placed inside, and then schedule surgery all over again for the stones in the right kidney. I've been in a lot of pain lately, and I hate pain, but hate being on pain meds even more. I'm clueless as to how people find an attraction to drugs, in particular ones that make you groggy and sleepy all the time. What a waste of life!

Moving right along...My computer crashed the other day and I lost everything, and I do mean everything. Everything was useless. I am thankful that I am now able to do anything at all with it, but I had to do a quick restore, which brought it back to *just out of the box* condition. Years worth of stuff - a lot of it important to me only - gone. I cried like a baby.

Work has sucked immensely lately. I have been trying to dig through all the paper work that keeps getting heaped on my desk everyday, training new people, which I don't want to do, and deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. I see it all
    in my sleep. God forbid....

But the absolute worst part of my day came when my brother, Steven called me at work. He got orders today that he is being shipped off to Afghanistan. That is the dark cloud that has been hanging over my head all day.

So you see, everything else I complained about today is so trivial after talking with Steve. The pain from the kidney stones isn't a big deal anymore, work probs don't mean anything at all, and the computer crashing certainly doesn't matter in the least.

I've never heard my brother tell me he was afraid of anything - until today. My brother, the big, bad Marine, is afraid. He's not afraid of death, especially in dying for his country - for our freedom, but afraid of going away to a foreign land and never coming back to see his brand new baby daughter again.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

[ 09-17-2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Sorry to hear about your day Kate. Hang in there. As for your brother.....I hope everything goes ok. I was in the Marines......way back when, and I know its not easy on anyone with a family. Watching what some of those guys put themselves through....or had to handle......when we were away on cruises for 6 months was hard. I'm sure he'll handle things ok.....after all, he is a Marine
    Steve

Comment

Katey,

I sincerely hope things get better and that the pace of life slows down for you. You and your brother will be in my prayers.

Take care

Have a good evening
      "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
      --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

Katey,

**hugs** I love ya sister. Hang in there and you know where I am if ya need anything!

Love,
        Michele

Comment

Katey, I know it must be hard to watch a loved one go off to a war. All I can say is hang in there and write to him so he has something to read when he opens that weekly care package of cookies and other goodies from you. LOL Yes us service men and women love those care packages. Oh make sure you send enough because we do share them with our squad members. LOL

I know things seem to be down at times and it is always good to get some things off your chest. I know what it is like to lose a lot of stuff because the computer is a POS. Heck I beat my POS with a ball peen hammer. I highly recommend that you DO NOT do this. For that just gives you a huge paper weight. LOL I will continue to hoipe that your days get better and that things start to turn around for you.

OBTW you have a PM LOL

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. They are very much appreciated.

I actually felt much better after I typed out the post, talked on the phone at length with a special friend, and then took a hot bubble bath to unwind - or maybe, just maybe, I talked to this friend while I was taking a hot bubble bath. [Wink]

Comment

Hope today's a better day.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

It's easier said then done so I will not say that your brother will be alright because nobody knows what the future holds....but I will say that you staying strong and thinking positive will help your brother be strong as well.

Come on, Kate, you seem like you are a strong woman so hang in there.
                "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

I'll echo everyone else with a big "hang in there" Katey. I know the feeling of being down & then being stepped on but you get up & try to go about your life again. Your brother is having some of those "gonna-be-a-long-time-gone" blues but this is what he's been trained for & he'll be fine as long as he sticks with that training & concentrates on the job at hand. If you need to cry, we have a lot of shoulders here. If you need to talk, we have a lot of ears. If you need a bubble bath, we have a lot of hands. Oh, sorry, got carried away.

Comment

I know it's hard, Katey. I suffer from severe anxiety and sometimes, it's hard to make it through the day. so many things have happened, I feel scared a lot. Was doin ok til my son got sick. But two brain surgeries, his divorce and my H losing his job have taken a real toll on me.
                    My husband is so upbeat and I envy him for being able to be that way. I take one day at a time right now. And I depend on God to get me through all this. He is always there.
                    Please let us know how you are doing.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Pigskin:
                      If you need a bubble bath, we have a lot of hands. Oh, sorry, got carried away.

Oh baby!! A giant O.com bubble bath party? [Wink] Who's game?

Again, thank you so much everyone. I just had one of those self-induced pity parties. Live is good, and today is a GREAT day, so no worries.

Comment

My baby boy will be 3 months old this Saturday.

I get to kiss and hug and hold him...because of people like your brother.

Tell him I said thankyou.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5059 users online. 286 members and 4773 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X