Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killing the rhubarb and other cooking disasters!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing the rhubarb and other cooking disasters!

I waited so long for the rhubarb to be ready!! I got a whole slew of it for free and took it home to prepare. I like it cooked and served cold!

I know I made it before sometime in the past. So, I clean it and get 2 big pots and fill them up. I'm thinking, if I recall it took a couple hours to boil, then you drain it and put it in the fridge. (I hate reading instructions and following recipes)

I still can't figure out why I thought it would take 2 hours to cook! What an airhead! I came back to check it after 20 minutes of boiling and its looked worse then Gerber strained baby food!

I lost it all!! However, I did confess and will hopefully get some more this week!

Anyone got any good cooking disaster stories?
    (Anyone know how to cook rhubarb? )

Italian tomato sauce was one of the first things I ever made. My grandmother gave me the old family recipe, and I went at it. What she didn't tell me was that there was a difference between a clove of garlic and a head of garlic. You can imagine how the sauce turned out when the recipe called for two cloves and I put in two heads.

Comment

You have RHUBARB in Canada?

Boy, that is surprising. My aunt has grown it here my whole life, but I didn't ever think I'd hear someone in Canada talking about it.

Patrick-I'd eat that sauce...I likes me some garlic!
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Funny Patrick!

Of COURSE we have Rhubarb in Canada!! Do you have Saskatoon berries anywhere strategically located between NY and Miami?

Comment

In the name of decency, my reply has been sent by PM [Wink]
          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

LOL We all know you are secretly wanting a visit from a person in a invisible jet. LOL What will your wife think?

Klar
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I was used to cooking for a big family when we got married. There were 8 in my family, including my Mom and Dad.
              So, I made meatloaf for dimmer one night. I put it on the table and my husband started laughing out loud. I'd made enough to feed an army and it as just the two of us.

Comment

LOL sounds like you had a lot of meatloaf sandwiches there Mitzi. LOL

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

So, rhubarb sauce is really great on vanilla ice cream!

I once made rhubarb, pineapple, strawberry pie, just to be creative. It was delicious, but not the "right" way to make rhubarb pie, so I was not awarded a Betty Crocker star. Oh well......

Friday

Comment

LOL well heck come and cook dessert for me Friday and I will treat you to a nice dinner. LOL

Klar

Comment

Ok, forgive me....

What exactly is a rhubarb?

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Piper:
                        Ok, forgive me....

What exactly is a rhubarb?

I'm glad you asked... now I found a place with recipes for it!

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/rhubarb-history.html

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by SGT Dave:
                          In the name of decency, my reply has been sent by PM [Wink]

Comment

Rhubarb pie, yummy!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3847 users online. 279 members and 3568 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X