300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop vs Cop!?

I just read of an article linked from here at Officer.com that talked about an off duty cop leaving a precinct party drunk. He then was found by some detectives with a pal of his and POINTED HIS GUN AT THEM! What the heck!? What a shame. The moron could've been shot and must have scared the bejesus out of those poor detectives. I see our police department and I am proud. I see a generaly good bunch of people who have it together. When I see this happening I can't believe it. Its supposed to be an organized agency I mean does this guy know whos on whos team!? Anyways, I just wanted to blow off some steam it made me mad reading it. Thnx for any feedback.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Not as bad as the drunk NY cop who murdered 3 women when he was driving drunk, one of the women was pregnant...
    Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

If what I've heard & read about the NY cop is accurate, I think he should get the maximum penalty. Drinking on the job...drinking just before starting shift...wiping out a whole family with his car...

IF this is all true, this guy is a Class 'A' Scumbag. He was just the type of criminal he was supposed to be protecting the public against.

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Incompetent,

While it doesn't lessen the deaths, he didn't murder them, they were killed as a result of a traffic collision. From what I have read about the case, he didn't "intend" to kill them, he was drunk!

Retired
        Retired

Comment

There are bad apples in every barrel. Sometimes it takes a bad incident to bring them forward but we want to get rid of them as much as anyone else.

We had a potentially good officer get hired & within a month he went off to a neighboring city, got drunk, & then wrecked his truck. Then he had the audacity to wave off the arriving police units with his badge (which went over like a pregnant pole vaulter). Needless to say, he's scratching an unemployed *****.

Comment

I was in a police station during Mardi Gras and these two policeman were sitting at a desk drinking something I did't bother to look I was going to my locker. All of a sudden I heard a gunshot pulled out my gun any slowly made the turn back into the station only to find out these two guys were drinking while playing with a gun and shot the clock off the wall. There are a lot of jerks out there that give the good police a bad name.
            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

We also had an incident in New Orleans where a marked car had made a traffic stop on the side of the interstate. The officers were in the vehicle one running a name and the other writing the ticket when they were hit from behind by a pickup truck. They both were injured badly,one paralized for life the other had to take the disability. The amazing thing they were stuck by an off duty policeman from Biloxi,Mississippi on the way home and he was the commander of the DUI unit in Biloxi, Mississippi. He was fired and the rest of the case is pending[*]null
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Originally posted by retired:
                Incompetent,

While it doesn't lessen the deaths, he didn't murder them, they were killed as a result of a traffic collision. From what I have read about the case, he didn't "intend" to kill them, he was drunk!

Retired
                He's the one who got himself drunk! It doesn't matter if it was an "accident," he was irresponsible, and obviously cares about no one other than himself. I believe that being drunk is just the same as being a cold blooded killer if someone does as a result of your drinking!
                Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

He may not have premeditated their deaths specifically but he knew (especially being a cop) that going behind the wheel drunk may result in a traffic accident and loss of lives.
                  No partner is worth your tears -
                  the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I agree Raychel, He made the choice before he started drinking and KNEW he had no designated driver. Life is all about choices and he made the wrong one. And unfortunately it cost 3 people and 1 baby who never got a chance to even live, thier lives.

Retired, Saying he did not intentionally murder them is just a technicality, and you can bet some lawyer is going to use the same argument to get him a lighter sentence.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

This hurts the whole LE community. You and I could do a great job for years. It only takes one brainless wonder to get people talking.

I made a comment once to a group of people at a buddy's house. They were trash-talking the police. I said 99% of the police do a great job. Boy, did I get ripped apart for that comment. Every person it seemed had a bad story to tell.

It only takes one bad apple.
                      What do we do?
                      -------------------------------------
                      Barkley.

Comment

To incompetent and Ftrphxcop,

Let me clarify my comment. I was not excusing his action nor attempting to minimize what happened. I was merely pointing our that even though four people died, it wasn't an act of murder as defined under law.

Of course he made the choice to drink and he made the choice to drive. Of course he was irresponsible, I'm not disagreeing with you.

The point is, it wasn't murder.

Retired
                        Retired

Comment

Technicaly it may not be murder. But for all intents and purposes it was murder, the man should do the same amount of time as someone convicted of murder.

Substance Abuse should not be allowed as an excuse to get less time in jail for your crimes.

Comment

Retired, I know what you mean about the laws and all. But sometimes the law(pieces of paper) does not speak a whole lot of common sense. Some of them need to be fixed badly.

Substance Abuse should not be allowed as an excuse to get less time in jail for your crimes.

I agree, Next his plea of not guilty will come with, "I have a disease, So killing those people is not my fault." This is the kinda of thing that gets serious offenders little or no jail time.
                            "To each his own"

Comment

Incompetent,

Try looking up the legal definition of murder and then maybe you will understand. There are degrees of punishment for the various degrees of violations of law. You don't send someone to state prison for petty theft like you would for armed robbery.

Maybe because this guy is a cop you think he should be punished more harshly?

Retired
                              Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3319 users online. 186 members and 3133 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X