300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking on y'all...

How bad is this?? Here I am on my vacation in NC and I'm at the library online. Couldn't stay away.

I'm killing time waiting for my aunt to come home so we can go to the Hanes Mall and shop til our hearts are content. Decided I should check my mail, and to my friend who left me oodles of emails...you're awesome! BTW, I miss ya more!

For all those who haven't been to NC, it's so beautiful. I want to move back down here so bad. Wish I had never left when I moved here the first time. And as far as Tennessee goes, you couldn't pay me to go back there. I hated it.

Time to go. Just thought I'd stop in and say hi to everyone and tell everyone I miss ya's. Catch up w/ya's tomorrow or Wednesday.

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

katey, I see I've been beaten to a response by the above listed troll. Anyway, I am in Charlotte. It is hot at hell today don't you think.

Comment

there is a kind of hush all over the world this week la lalalala

Comment

Smooooooooooooooooooches g***a! I missed you too!

------------------

Comment

'Bout time ya got back here Katy!

------------------
          I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by kateykakes:
            ...And as far as Tennessee goes, you couldn't pay me to go back there. I hated it...
            TennDECA says...

------------------
            1*
            Take Care and STAY SAFE!!!
            1*

Comment

Originally posted by TennDECA:
              TennDECA says...
              Tenn,

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't hang there. It was a guessing game trying to figure out where anything was. No street signs anywhere, it was frustrating.

Where my mom lives, it's out in the middle of nowhere. A big change from where I live now. I will say it's beautiful country though.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 07-04-2001).]

Comment

Well, to be honest, I'm not even from Tennessee. I only lived there for 6 years while in school. Now I'm back in good old Cleveland!!! I had a lot of fun living in Tennessee, but it got old after a while. I would never live there again. It's a WHOLE different planet than from where I'm from.

------------------
                1*
                1*

Comment

katey, you are so right about NC. I've lived in the Raleigh/Cary area for 6 years now and have to admit that I almost hate the thought of leaving here. What a great place to live. Now, if only the LEO pay was better, I might consider staying a while longer.

------------------
                  Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.
                  Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

Tenn,

The only Cleveland I've been to is Cleveland, Tennessee. UGH! Need I say more? Maybe one day I'll get to visit Cleveland, Ohio. Give me a tour when I get there?

WCall,

Where are you relocating to?

------------------

Comment

Trying to get back to Calif. We are too far from family. We have plenty of friends out here, but I think it would be better for us to be closer to our families.

Comment

Family is exactly the reason why I want to move back to NC, WCall. A little bit impossible to leave right now though. Maybe in another 10 years...

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by WCall:
                          Trying to get back to Calif.
                          Good Lord! Can't believe that someone is actually trying to go BACK there! Can't you con your family into heading your direction instead???

------------------

6P1 (retired)
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Yeah, tell me about it, Don. It wasn't an easy decision either. Believe me, if it was an option, I would have all my family move here. Unfortunately, it's not an option. A little over 3 years ago, my wife was seriously injured in a car accident. A lady ran a red light and broadsided her---both going 45 mph. She was fortunate to have not been killed and came out of it with broken ribs and a shattered wrist. Our sons were 6 months and 1 1/2 yrs old at the time. Fortunately, they were home with me at the time. It's one thing to roll up on a major accident when it isn't someone you know. It's another thing when it is your spouse surrounded by all the blue and red lights. I wouldn't wish those emotions on my worst enemy.

While I was at the trauma center, it really hit me that I almost lost her. A few months later, I started entertaining the idea of moving back to a place I had been glad to leave. Over the last year and a half, I have been actively pursuing it. It definitely was not an overnight decision.

Her parents' health is starting to deteriorate and she is the only family they have who would be able to help them when they aren't able to help themselves anymore. I just think the best thing for our family is to be close by the rest of the family.

So, in a nutshell, that's the jist of it. Probably the toughest decision I have ever made.

Comment

I was just kidding you, really. (And a few of our other Kaliphornians on here.) What part of the state are you from/going to?

------------------

6P1 (retired)
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4595 users online. 253 members and 4342 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X