300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or, how do i live this one down.

I'm having one of those weeks. First, I got the invitation letter to go visit the IAB detectives. I believe this one entitles me to a coffee cup. that or a toaster. As if that wasn't bad enough, I'm leaving a guys house this evening and I run over and kill the family dog inthe driveway; in front of the kids.

I'm going to go dig a hole somewhere and bury my head and maybe my life will go away while I'mgone.

Oops. Not much else you can say about running over the family dog. You can probably count on another IAD number for that.

I got to visit with IAD the first of October. The dust finally settled the end of October. I think a visit to the proctologist would be more fun.

Anyways, you have my sympathy.
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Eeek. Sorry to hear about that. I remember one time, I hit a possum while running balls to the wall to a call. Not really relevant, but your post made me think of it.

You also have my sympathy.

Comment

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.... although I wasnt the subject of an IA investigation I had to give a statement.. and I felt like crap doing it. I decided.. its their *** or mine and I wasnt gonna lie. Fortunately after the interview the investigator said to me "I believe you".. THANK GOD.

The truth was the only thing that saved my ***, but I still felt bad for the subject of the investigation. I felt like I was ruining her career, then again its a dog eat dog world and I was just a puppy who survived the depths of hell that week. Good luck.
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Awww, you killed your dog?! I once accidentally ran over the family cat (my mom's fav) and I felt so horrible. To this day, I feel sick over it. Hopefully your kids will recover from it.

My beautiful cat Sasha died last year from an intestinal problem. One thing that helped me was volunteering at a local animal shelter (no-kill of course). My baby died in August of last year and I've been at the shelter ever since. I couldn't help my cat, but now I can help a lot of other cats and dogs. Perhaps doing something like this will help your kids and the shelters could sure use the help.

[ 11-22-2002, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: RachelR ]
          No partner is worth your tears -
          the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

My Mom was visiting her niece's family & backed out over their pet goose. I think they wound up eating it though so it couldn't have been that much a loss. Sorry to hear about the dog.

Comment

CopInNY,
              Too bad you were running to a hot call and didn't have time to retrieve it!

Possum...tho other white meat
              Paul

Comment

Oh, DR, I am SO sorry. I hope all goes well at IA.
                We had neighbors that moved and abandoned their cat. My H took care of that cat like he was a baby. But we couldn't let him in our house because our other cat woudn't acept him. He took care of him, even making a little bed for him, for 12 years. And you guessed it...he ran over him an killed him.
                I know you mucst feel like a lump of dirt right now but, unfortunately, these things happen. Try not to blame yourself.
                Gos sure has given you a lot to handle these last few years. But it only makes yous tronger...eventually.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 155 members and 2970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X