300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my job.

First let me set the scene. 40 degrees, pitch black, raining. I'm lying hunched up in a doorway wearing a torn overcoat, raggedy jeans, a gold chain and an old sweater. No, i didn't lose my job. I was working decoy. I was in a very seedy part of town, and had 3 officers at 2 different locations keeping an eye on me. I was lying there for about an hour and 40 minutes, having had several people walk by me muttering obsceneities, and cruel things to me. I hear a set of foot steps approaching, and stop. I've got a half empty bottle of vodka (water in an empty vodka bottle) in my pocket visible to the passerbys. As I look up, i'm mumbling like a drunken idiot. The person who stopped was a black male, approx 6'2 and quite large. He reached down and snatched the gold off my neck and began to run. Officers who were keeping an eye on me give chase and catch and subdue perp. Turns out the guy was wanted from an armed robbery last night on a convenience store and on a domestic that he performed on his wife when he got home. Good guys 1, Bad Guys 0. I got the collar because I was the one sitting in the rain for damn near two hours freezing my cajones off, unlike SOME people (my partners) who were sitting in a warm car with the heat on. [Wink] Now if you'll excuse me, i've got some paperwork to do.

Too cool, that sounds like loads of fun.

Comment

I hope you don't catch cold. I just got over the flu (probably didn't help that I was delivering pizzas this weekend in the rain with the damn flu, either).

Comment

Hate to do it to ya, but let me set the scene.......

It's 72 degrees and I'm sitting in the shade listening to a Metallica marathon. My Kawasaki is in the shop, but that's OK 'cause the sarge knows the car I'm in doesn't have a radar and I don't have to be real "productive" today. Just then a speeder comes my way. I ease out and flag him down, write the ticket and slip back behind the wheel. Check the clock on the good-times radio, 1630 hrs, time to ease back to the station, do my paperwork, get the speed trailer in from its last location and punch out.

Sorry to have to do that. BTW, good catch.
        "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

I can top both of you. I had the day off!!!

Back to work tomorrow. Good nab. I bet he was ticked off at himself.

[ 11-21-2002, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: metp1264 ]
          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Good job! They may have been warm in the car, but you're da' man!
            No partner is worth your tears -
            the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Good job! The conditions sucked but the results were worth it.

Comment

Good Job Jay!!!!

At my job... we id'ed someone that is suspected to be involved with terrorist organizations.

I love my job too!!!!!

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would like to get involved in catches like that. Yeah a CopinNY have you seen my PM? Good job on the grab.

Comment

Two Robberies and a Domestic Violence, all in 24 hours...at least he can say he is being the best bad guy that he can be.

Nice Job, Jay!

Comment

Jay, please tell me that you were not mumbling, "I was drinking. I was drinking." like that episode of COPS where the sting was set up on the subway.
                      "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

I would liked to been a physic at that moment and read your mind. Beat I couldn't post your thoughts on here.
                        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I love it when the good guys win! You *deserve* the number.

I was only dispatching, (next time will be on the team) but we executed a high-risk, no-knock, night search warrant and solved a string of burglaries. Numb crook stole a gun at one of the last residences... would you believe he's *already* a felon???

Must've been something in the air last night... Good Guys rule!

Comment

sometimes i feel like michael j. fox in the movie "the frighteners." he was able to see a number scratched in their forehead that no one else could see. wanted people have that emblazoned on their forehead and i think cops are the only ones who can see it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2966 users online. 161 members and 2805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X