X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat quotes for Mitzi

Some good quotes for cat lovers !

" Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you "

"If a dog jumps onto your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it's because your lap is warmer."

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."

"If a dog owner dies and he is found by nobody, his dog will wait by his masters side and die too. If a cat owner dies their cat will wait by their masters side for about two days and then start eating !!"

Sorry Mitzi, believe it or not, I have two cats, I just like the quotes.....

UKcop
    "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

But they are all true! lol Peppercat is my 10 year old, white deaf cat. He is SO smart. But, I must say I adore him because he absolutely adores me! lol He can't wait til I sit down to watch TV and then he's right in my arms. I hold him like a baby and he just purrs, rubs my face with his soft paw and looks at me like he's drunk with love. He is just such a sweetie.

Comment

"If cats could talk, THEY WOULDN'T"
      "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

Comment

Another good one (at least I think so)

Cats were once worshipped as gods, they have not forgotten this.
        An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

"How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven." ~
          Robert A. Heinlein
          hehehehehehehe

Comment

Perhaps, however right NOW, how a cat behaves towards me determines his/her status on my GRILL!

------------------
            I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by ukcop:
              "Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."

Comment

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to
                the idea." ~ Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Heinlein was stoopid yo.

Comment

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."
                    ~ Unknown

Comment

Mitzi,
                      In the paper today they announced they are going to clone a non-alergetic cat!!! Here is part of the article.....

Tear-free transgenic cats could be 3 years away

NEW YORK - The scientist who cloned the first mammal in the United States plans to turn his research efforts towards cloning a cat that doesn't cause allergies in humans.
                      And a couple from Syracuse, New York, are looking for $2 million in venture capital to help him. They're setting up a company called, Transgenic Pets.

Jackie and David Avner have hired University of Connecticut Prof. Xiangzhong (Jerry) Yang to do the cloning research. They have a patent pending on the idea of non-allergenic, genetically altered pets.

Yang cloned the first cow in the U.S. He now wants to create a genetically modified cat lacking the protein that causes allergies in humans. Yang expects his allergen-free feline will be available for sale in three years.

Transgenic Pets hope to sell the cats for about $1,000 each. They'll be spayed or neutered before sale to prevent illicit breeding.

The work is an offshoot of Yang's research into "therapeutic cloning" to develop cures for human illnesses like Parkinson's disease or diabetes.

Yang heads the University of Connecticut's Transgenic Animal facility. He opposes human cloning.

Creating cat clones
                      Here's how it could work. David Avner says an allergen protein is secreted by a gland in the cat's skin. When the protein comes into contact with the allergen, an allergic reaction can happen in some people.

Yang is working on knocking out the gene responsible for the protein. He plans to take cat cells and replace them with genes that don't cause problems in humans.

The genetically modified cells would be fused with "empty" egg cells from which the genetic material has been removed. The eggs would then grow in a surrogate mother.

When some breeding couples of allergen-free cats are born, Yang could clone them using the same technique used to create Dolly, the cloned sheep.

Comment

Wow, that would be wonderful for people who can't have cats because they are allergic. I thought I was allergic also but just had allergy tests and found out I'm not. YAY!
                        He won't be able to keep those cats entirely to himself tho. My bet is some will be stolen because they are so valuable

Comment

Oh give me a break here. Who in their right mind is going to pay $1000.00 for something that is only big enough for ONE meal????

------------------
                          I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

People who love cats have some of the biggest hearts around." ~ Susan Easterly

"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." ~ Unknown

"A cat will assume the shape of its container." ~ Unknown

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 07-02-2001).]

Comment

"A cat will assume the shape of its container." ~ Unknown
                              Wasn't there a web site a while back thet proved this?

------------------
                              FLLawdog
                              "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4821 users online. 242 members and 4579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X