300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scum Bag Lawyer's New DUI Arrest kit

Hope the link to the Chicago Tribune works. Here is this scum bag lawyer selling a kit which encourages drivers not to open their doors, roll down windows etc. Drivers are told to only put the window down enough to slip the DL out the window. Then they are to refuse any tests.Make no statements etc. with out their lawyer present.

The kit even has a pre recorded message which states in a male voice "officer, please understand that I will only exit the vehicle for your safety or if under arrest".

This lawyer says that cops run roughshod over motorists. He has been arrested twice for DUI but both were acquittals. What a POS.

Check it out http://chicagotribune.com/news/metro...270375,FF.html

------------------
    "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton
    "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

I didn't think you could refuse a sobriety test. I thought that if you refused it was treated the same as if it ended up positive. Guess I was wrong.

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

That's the breath test, GG. You can refuse the FST's, but there's no sanction against it. It just means we get done faster!

Lawyers...scum.

Comment

Some of them have the mistaken belief that if they don't take the field sobriety tests, that then they can't fail them and then I can't arrest them.

NEWS FLASH- I'll still arrest your ***.

------------------
        Niteshift-
        Where am I to go now that I've gone too far.

Comment

NO PROBLEM. If I've got good PC for the DUI stop and he pulls this stuff, he is now "resisting or interfering," and his butt is now officially MINE!

------------------
          I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

"Sir...I can't hear your pre-recorded attempt at skirting the law through your closed window. Please roll your window down."

------------------
            FLLawdog
            "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up FLLawdog, I knew I was missing something somewhere

------------------
              "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."-Voltaire
              "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

As a citizen, I can attest to the fact that I have never been abused by the police. I have been arrested, and I have seen some police that I don't like, but that's with anything or group of people. I DO think a drunk driver deserves no mercy, because they kill people at worst, and at best put their own dumass in trouble like my son recently. I hope they never hurt my family because I honestly don't know what I would do. Drunks that is.

Comment

What's funny, in an ironic way, not a "ha-ha" way, is that the drunk gets the info when he's sober, but can't quite articulate it when he's in the position of needing it.

DUI's are bad. Real bad. I used to love working on nights just so I could go on a "drunk hunt". I can't stand the ones, the drunks or otherwise, who say "oh, it's ONLY a DUI. I(they) didn't hit anything".

I can see him now, putting in the wrong tape. Instead of the message, it's George Thorogood..."one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer....".

------------------
                  FLLawdog
                  "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

Originally posted by FLLawdog:
                    "Sir...I can't hear your pre-recorded attempt at skirting the law through your closed window. Please roll your window down."

"Sir, either immediately remove yourself from the vehicle or I will have it towed to the police impound yard...with YOU still in it!

------------------
                    Cheers.

Mick

[This message has been edited by uspublisher (edited 06-28-2001).]

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of "Sir please roll down your window before I do it for you."

[This message has been edited by SpecOpsWarrior (edited 06-28-2001).]

Comment

Some people try just barely cracking the window when it's raining or cold (like I'm not getting wet or cold by being there> It's all about their comfort). I started just moving my lips and not letting sound come out. Eventually they wind it down further and say "Huh?" Depending on my mood, I either tell them what I need to or say "I was telling you my voice doesn't carry well through the glass."

------------------
                        Niteshift-
                        Where am I to go now that I've gone too far.

Comment

Had a buddy that would get on his PA system if it was raining and make the violator come back to HIS car. We had a little chat about "officer safety" but it was like talking to a wall.

His response was "but my pen won't write if the ticket is wet."

------------------
                          I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

That's the nice thing about implied consent, you can refuse the tests and I'll just charge you with refusal... You still lose your license. Opening your window a crack and sliding out your OL is only a little suspicious... Good reason to get you out of the car and smell you. Gotta love stupid lawyers.
                            I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

Along the lines of what Valor just said...

If you pull someone over and they try this crap on you, just do this...

You get him out of the car...Why? Because you know, based on your training and experience, that DUI suspects will often crack their window only slightly, in an attempt to conceal their crime from police. This knowledge is further enhanced by a certain (idiot) lawyer's "DUI" Kit. Based on this knowledge, you have "reasonable suspicion" that a crime is occurring in your presence and you order the driver to exit his vehicle, for further investigation.

The great thing about this is the lawyer has just given me a tool to assist me in my DUI investigations. Thanks, jackass!
                              Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6807 users online. 352 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X