Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGT Dave
    replied
    Two that come to mind would have to be two that I had with my wife, one while we were still dating, and the other after we were married. YES, you can still have a "date" after you're married!

I GIVE MY WORD I am NOT under duress or trying to garner brownie points!

One-I had taken my wife (then girlfriend) out about 5 or 6 times, and then hit a long POVERTY spell. I wanted to impress her so much with going to a decent restaurant and/or other quality outings, I didn't call her or ask her out because I couldn't even fathom asking her "out" but not being able to afford a meal, or movie, and gas (she lived about and hour and fifteen minutes from me, and I already had about a $50 a week gas bill!) We talked on the phone some, but we went a couple weeks where we didn't go "out", whereas we had been going out 2-3 times a week.

She called me on a Friday while I was at work, and asked why I hadn't asked her out. I was embarrassed and made excuses, but she saw right through me. I finally told her that I just hadn't had the money, and she was almost shocked. She told me that she enjoyed spending time with me and that she was hurt that I thought I had to spend money on her just to be around her. She suggested I come up and she would cook for me-her treat-and we could just "stay in" and watch TV.

I ought to mention here also that she was also on a VERY tight budget-having recently moved from another state with numerous bills, and a mediocre job, but she is great with money, and was determined to make it. If she bought a clothing item, she usually would lay it away and pay $5 a week on it! So, I was humbled she would offer to pick up a tab.

When I arrived that evening, it was very cold. She had gotten in late from work, and hadn't been to the grocery store. She suggested I go with her, so I did. We shopped and made jokes, picked at each other, and laughed, and had a great time (if you can have a great time GROCERY SHOPPING with someone, there is something there!)

We arrived back at the apartment, and I stood in the kitchen while she cooked, and we talked (about a lot of stuff we had never talked about, or might not have on superficial "dinner and a movie" dates.) We had soft romantic music on the stereo, and I helped in the kitchen where I could, and set the table. We ate by candlelight (okay

Leave a comment:

replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by MadMax:
    When I am with my wife...........

THAT is what I call a man.

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jules:
    Come and get 'em, Bad Boy!

I can't, Mitzi won't let me outa the corner. [Frown]

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    Come and get 'em, Bad Boy!

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    quote:
    quote:
    I hope he doesn't have to either.
    HHMMMM, me thinks he won't! I've got my own cuffs, ya know!!
    Those are mine, give em back.
    They got my badge number on em. [Wink]

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    quote:
    HHMMMM, me thinks he won't! I've got my own cuffs, ya know!!

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    quote:
    Hey, I've got a date Saturday with a guy I met a few weeks ago. I hope I don't have to put it in the dates from hell thread!

I'll let ya'll know...maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    quote:
    Oh sure Jules, pretend you didn't have fun now, but we both know better.
    SSSSSHHHHHHHHH!

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    Hey, I've got a date Saturday with a guy I met a few weeks ago. I hope I don't have to put it in the dates from hell thread!

I'll let ya'll know...maybe.

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    quote:
    WHEW! Thanks, Mitzi Sistah. I think the Rosie tape is a grand idea along with a long tape of Janet Reno dancing!

Oh sure Jules, pretend you didn't have fun now, but we both know better. [Wink]

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    WHEW! Thanks, Mitzi Sistah. I think the Rosie tape is a grand idea along with a long tape of Janet Reno dancing!

Leave a comment:

• MadMax
    replied
    When I am with my wife...........

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    Souns like my ex-daughter-in-law, Pigskin. Only she really IS a PIG. lol

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    While I was going through the police academy, I met a good-lookin', red-headed cheerleader there at the college. After a few "get-to-know-you" conversations, I asked her out for Saturday night. I picked her up at her house & met her mother & little sister & brother. We left & I hadn't gone a block before she lept across the console & put a lip-lock on me. So much for kissing on the first date. We were going to a drive-in movie so I managed to drive & kiss until we got there. We weren't at the drive-in for five minutes when she made the statement that her bra was killing her so she just took it off right then & there. Of course, that was followed by the top & her pants about five minutes later. Wish I knew what that movie was.

Leave a comment:

• OfcMikey
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mitzi:
    See, I told you, Raychel. Now, lay down and bark like a dog, Mikey or the Roseanne slides go on for 24 hours.

Woof, woof.....
    *curls up in the corner*

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3686 users online. 224 members and 3462 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X