300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Dates

OK, so we had the Dates from Hell thread.. now it's time to flip the coin. What has been your perfect date? Did someone do something really romantic for you? How did the relationship turn out?

I really don't have any spectatcular date stories to share under this category but I do have a date on Sunday with Josh.. and he's going to actually fix dinner! Talk about a first.. I've never dated a guy that could even cook mac & cheese let alone a full dinner, lol. So, this could be it!
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

OMG! I just had this conversation the other night with a friend of mine.
    My MOST memorable date was a spontaneous date...

I worked for a while at an archeological dig and after the dig there was a big outdoor party,
    tons of grilled food, beer, booze, stories and music, of course.

I knew everyone there, including one young guy who was my aunt's husband's Nephew.
    He was a doll baby, Gorgeous to say the least. He played guitar and so did I, we played and sang together.

After the party a bunch of us went to a bar and Randy and I started talking.
    Now, this is not meant to be sleazy, OKAY!
    Hey, we're all adults here, RIGHT?

We went back to his place and he played flute music and wooooooed me for hours.
    It was the most uninhibited, wonderful, PEACEFUL "date" I ever had.

The next day we were both a little embarrassed at our openness the night before, AND somewhat fearful of our status.
    I was staying with my aunt and husband at the time. Not a good scenario since my aunt's husband didn't like me much anyway.

I'll NEVER forget Randy or that wonderful night.
    And I've never had a date like THAT since.

[Frown]
    Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

I'll let ya know when it happens.

Comment

Go back to your corner, Bad Boy!
        I'll meet you there with the cuffs and whipped cream, sssshhhhhh.
        Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Jules:

Hold on folks, this may be it.
          I'll report back in the morning, if I can find a cuff key that is.

Comment

Okay Im back in the dating game. No One laugh.

I had been away for the weekend and the first thing I did was want (yes want) to see this guy. So we decided we would make dinner at his house and watch a movie. I picked up some veggie chicken and some ice cream (godiva with heart shaped chocolate covered hearts.) we made dinner together and then we sat at the counter and he pulled out a bowl, scooped up some ice cream and started feeding it to me... making sure it was NOT getting in my mouth and rubbing the spoon just around the edges of my mouth. and he'd say "opps.... I better get that" and he licked the outside of my lips then kissed me. He did it over and over again. Ahhhh needless to say... I was quite warm by the time the ice cream was finished. we watched the movie together and just cuddled.. it was AWESOME. Best date I ever had.

*he later told me he got the idea from Men's Health magazine. but I didnt care as long as I was on the receiving end!*
            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Rachel, I hope your date goes well! Come back and let us know what happened. We want alllll the juicy details, too! I like to live vicariously through others.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by InSane1:
                I had been away for the weekend and the first thing I did was want (yes want) to see this guy. So we decided we would make dinner at his house and watch a movie. I picked up some veggie chicken and some ice cream (godiva with heart shaped chocolate covered hearts.) we made dinner together and then we sat at the counter and he pulled out a bowl, scooped up some ice cream and started feeding it to me... making sure it was NOT getting in my mouth and rubbing the spoon just around the edges of my mouth. and he'd say "opps.... I better get that" and he licked the outside of my lips then kissed me. He did it over and over again. Ahhhh needless to say... I was quite warm by the time the ice cream was finished. we watched the movie together and just cuddled.. it was AWESOME. Best date I ever had.

*he later told me he got the idea from Men's Health magazine. but I didnt care as long as I was on the receiving end!*

Wow... that's really good. Maybe those magazines aren't such a waste of money after all. Of course I'd have to actually have a date in order to try it.

Anyway, I had a really good date this summer. I was activated by the National Guard to fight forest fires, and sent to a little po-dunk town five hours away (driving fast) from my house. While we were there, they were supposed to have their annual mosquito festival. Because of the fire, most of the events were cancelled, but they still had their street dance. I figured with so many firefighters there the odds would not be good, but it's not like I had anything better to do.

It turned out that most of the firefighters didn't go to the dance, so the odds were pretty even. I'm not normally one to approach strange women, but something possessed me to walk up to the prettiest one and ask her to dance. She said yes, and we talked as we danced. Turned out she was as sweet as she was pretty.

I hadn't gone there looking for more than some nice scenery and maybe a dance, but I ended up with a phone number. A few days later we were home and I gave her a call. I drove all the way back there to take her out.

Here's the thing, there were no restaurants within an hour and a half of her house. So we drove an hour and a half to Lakeview for dinner. We were early for the reservation, so we walked around the entire town for a couple hours. We had dinner, drove the long way home, and I spent another hour at her house talking to her family.

The whole date lasted seven or eight hours, plus my total of 10 hours of driving. Conversation never lulled, and she was so sweet, I enjoyed every minute. Totally worth the trip.

Now before you asked what happened to her... don't. Let's keep this a happy story.

Mike
                "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Oh, my VERY favorite date was when my H told me he had a surprise for me. He parked the car by a dumpster of a grocery store and got out of the car. Walks over to me, gets me out of the car and stands me in front of the dumpster. He pulls out this beautiful diamond ring and says, "Mitzi, will you marry me?" LOL! (I said yes, of course. It was he romantic ambience that made up my mind.)
                  This is the same man that so thoughtfully recently stopped at a florist, bought a pretty flower arrangement, walks in the house and his cell phone rings phone rings. He answers it, hands me the flower arangement UPSIDE DOWN and then says to his boss, "Hold on a sec". He puts his hand over the phone and says to me, "I love you" and keeps walking in the ofice, saying, "Tom, you still there? Now about that shipment." LOL!
                  There I was, with an upside down flower arrangement with the love of my life on the phone. LOL!

[ 11-19-2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Loved reading the replies... but having a really hard time coming up with something!! God, why was the bad date thread so easy for me?!

i will say the most memorable date i had was the nite my ex-husband proposed. there's no excitement like it, to me. when you really see that someone else loves you as much as you love them, and they want to spend the rest of their lives with you. (well, so you think, but lets not ruin it ) it was at our favorite place to eat, not a fancy place. i had the usual meal that i got there, and then we were going to take a ride, which we did alot, by looking at a map and picking an area we wanted to see. (restaurant was in delaware and thats where we usually drove around). we were in the car and i went to the glovebox to get out the map, and the ring box was hidden under the map. i can still remember how good i felt we didnt take a ride, but we came home and went to visit both our families, who lived in the same town. it was a really special night.

i did have a really great nite last nite, with my *friend*. one of the best times i've had in a long time. we went to see some bands at a really cool punk rock bar, his brother and another friend showed up later, and we drank with the bands. (bad idea LOL) then we all went to an all-nite bowling alley where people from work hang out, then to the diner to eat, where we laughed til i'm sure we made everybody crazy and ready to throw us out. i always have fun with him, but afterwards we stayed up drinking and talking til 8 this morning, and neither of us had a voice left LOL. it's *just* a friendship, but i'm very lucky to have such a good, sweet friend. i work with him, and he knew i was exhausted at work tonite, and went out and bought me a big Wawa frozen cappuccino drink and brought it back to work for me. hes a sweet kid... he also told me last nite was one of the most fun nites he can remember (and NO, no hanky panky... or what did you call it Insane1?? ...he's looking for a girl his own age.

[ 11-20-2002, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                      I knew everyone there, including one young guy who was my aunt's husband's Nephew.

Jules,

We in NC would not be so wordy about that-we'd just say "our cousin."

People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by 10mmMikey:
                        quote:

Can someone bring me a cuff key?

Comment

never mind

[ 11-20-2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Mrs. Fish ]
                          "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

quote:
                            quote:
                            quote:

Can someone bring me a cuff key?
                            Ha ha...you are in so much trouble if you don't find the keys...
                            "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

Best Date?
                              Any one that ends the breakfast. [Wink]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6731 users online. 345 members and 6386 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X