300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deeds

What kind of good deeds did you all do for the week?

I gave a homeless man some money, I paid for an officers meal at the drive thru. (taco Bell) It was so cool, I just asked the drive thru lady if i could pay for his meal and she looked kinda shocked when she peeked out the window and seen a patrol car. But she let me and i told her if he asked why just tell him it was for appreciation for doing his job. I hope it made his evening just a little better.

Do any of you have a story where someone did something kind for you. Unfortunatly i do not but i never let it stop me from doing nice things.
    "To each his own"

When we had tolls, I used to pay for the person behind me. I let a woman go ahead of me in line cause she only had a few things. And yes, I had something kind done for me. Our neighbor has his own business. He can do just about anything. He rang the doorbell and there he was, standing with a beautiful step to put in our sunroom. The step down from the room is just a little too deep and my husband was having trouble making it down since surgery on his foot. This step is about 5 foot long, 2 feet wide, stained and polished to a sheen. It is GORGEOUS. And he wouldn't even let us pay for it. My husband doesn't have to use his crutches to go down in that room anymore. We were so stunned! So, we plan on taking them out to dinner one night.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, something nice was done for me and my Sheriff.
      He and I were having dinner in a little resteraunt in my patrol area, and an unknown person paid for our meals.
      Whoever you are, Thank you
      "But officer, that stop sign is usually not there!" It appears as though it is there today ma'am!

Comment

Not to burst your bubble, or take the wind from your sails, or anything like that, but please remeber, once you pin on the badge or star, the old saying, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished," exsist for a reason. Policies exsist for a reason. EVERYTIME I've tried to pull an end run and do something nice for somebody in need on duty, it has come back to bite me in the ***. Just FYI. Hoping you don't find out for yourself but all of soft touch type folks do. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Comment

While on duty last night coming from my dinner break, I passed a man and two small children. I thought it sort of strange for them to be taking a stroll on this dark, windy back road so late at night, so I slowed down. They yelled for me stop, and it ends up their car had broke down, they had been walking for miles and they had a about 5 more miles before they got home. I had them hop in the car and drove them to their home which was right outside of my borough.

I did have something pretty special done for me. Last weekend, my family and friends honored me in a honorary reception for my career accomplishments thus far. This was a total surprise, and I was certainly honored!

Comment

DesertRat, I don't understand what you mean? How can doing something simple like showing kindness and thought backfire on you?

Whomever you did something nice for just did not appreciate it? Or did you get in trouble at work?

"To each his own"

Comment

I think he may mean policies against accepting meals?
              We had a cop here who stopped for a young girl in a bikini walking home barefooted on a hot road. He gave her a ride and home and it bit him in the butt. She filed charges against him, saying he *searched* her bikini. He's in a lot of trouble and you can tell he just wanted to help. He's an 8 year veteran with a clean slate. Hope it goes in his favor.

Comment

I tried doing a good deed today a stray was walking in the road so I tried to swerve and hit it thus help to get rid of the numerous strays in the area but dern thig ran away before I could hit it. I was looking at a good meal tooo.

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
                  I tried doing a good deed today a stray was walking in the road so I tried to swerve and hit it thus help to get rid of the numerous strays in the area but dern thig ran away before I could hit it. I was looking at a good meal tooo.

Klar
                  That's pathetic! What kind of cop tries to run over an animal? Around here they shoot them. Keeps the cars cleaner!

Comment

I worry when citizens try to do good deeds for me on duty. Are they trying to get a favor or are they just a cop wannabe or worse yet are they a potential stalker. Don't laugh on that last one. One of our cops is being stalked by a citizen who started out doing good deeds for him. He is about thirty, married, and looks a lot like a young Kurt Russell (Think Snake Pliskin in Escape from New York). This overweight fifty year old women did a ride along one time and got assigned to him. Now he gets donuts from her twice a week at the station. She comes in to see at least once a week. She drives around at night hoping to see him and then tries to get him to pull her over so they can chat. Several times a week she'll be waiting at the end of his shift for him at the exit to the PD. The poor guy is being stalked but because nothing she has done meets the "maliciousness" part of our stalking code nothing can be done. Shes been told to back off but she doesn't.

Often times citizens try to do good deeds for us by sending us cookies, donuts, etc at the station. About half of us, including me, won't touch them for fear of the ex lax or whatever else might be in them.

Comment

Originally posted by ftrphxcop:
                      DesertRat, I don't understand what you mean? How can doing something simple like showing kindness and thought backfire on you?

Whomever you did something nice for just did not appreciate it? Or did you get in trouble at work?

Exactly what Mitzi said in her next post after your question. Something like that can be totally innocent if you do it as a civilian. If you do the same thing at work, someone will turn it into something evil. just warning you. It's happen to all of us. Off duty, I stop for stranded motorist, I give people rides, I buy meals for people under very certain circumstances, etc. etc. I will do none of those things on duty unless they are specifically related to an assigned duty.

Comment

Klar and Mike, You guys are awful!

Its a shame people have to be such asses and try and turn around the decent things people try to do. I did not even say a thing to the officer who's food i paid for. I even got lost real quick so he could not chase me down and give my money back. He has no clue who i am and that way he can't even get in trouble.

Some people are just sick. I could not imagine stalking anyone, let alone someone who has the power to put me in jail.
                        "To each his own"

Comment

Mike I tried the shooting thing but since I am not a law enforcement officer they frown upon civilians discharging a high power rifle inside city limits. LOL. I figure with the bumber tag you can always say it ran out in front of you,LOL.

Klar
                          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5327 users online. 299 members and 5028 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X