300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mac,

I'd be willing to bet GG knew exactly what you meant. She just likes to argue!

------------------
    I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 06-28-2001).]
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

No comment

------------------
      "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."-Voltaire
      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

GG are you trying to say you don't have anything to say? Could you expand upon that please?

Comment

I have plenty to say....just can't think of anything that won't get me in trouble
          "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mac90:
            WW, that's MR. MOOSE to you

Heading out but couldn't let this go unresponded.....

IN YOUR DREAMS BUD!!!

Comment

"I have worked for the other type, too, that wouldn't listen to anything the troops had to say. They knew everything, just ask them!"

Jack,

I know exactly what you mean. The powers that be at the University think they know all about art, in reality, they know very little. Very frustrating to this Assistant Prof.!

Nell

[This message has been edited by Neltja (edited 06-28-2001).]
              When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Heading out but couldn't let this go unresponded.....

IN YOUR DREAMS BUD!!! [/B]
                You know you want me! Worship me! WORSHIP ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Neltja:
                  "I have worked for the other type, too, that wouldn't listen to anything the troops had to say. They knew everything, just ask them!"
                  Jack,
                  I know exactly what you mean. The powers that be at the University think they know all about art, in reality, they know very little. Very frustrating to this Assistant Prof.!
                  Nell
                  Nell,
                  I could probably write a book about that type, but everyone here probably could, too. Worked for two of them (same dept) for 4 1/2 years. That was a fun time.

------------------
                  Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]
                  Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

A few observations.

I have worked as a patrol officer and detective for 9 years, Academy lecturer and program development - 4 years, Policy development - 4 years, District On-road supervisor, Regional Duty Officer and District Inspector - 4 years - all in the preceeding order. Along the way, I also got a Certficate in Police Studies and a Bachelor's degree (all up 11 years).

So, having worked my way over 20 years through all of the ranks and in most of the areas in policing to the point where I'm now one of the bosses, I guess I'd like to make a considered statement.

A University degree doesn't make you any smarter, it won't necessarily improve your knowledge in any relevant way, it won't make you a better cop, and it probably won't make you a better boss.

On the other hand - it won't make you any worse in any of the above areas either.

It won't necessarily change your opinion on anything.

A University degree will give you the ability to research information, develop structured and balanced discussions, write logically, concisely and clearly and generally improve your allround marketability when going for jobs or promotion.

The moral is - if you put in the extra work and get higher education, you will probably get a better than base level job. If you don't go the extra yards, you probably won't.

Getting a degree didn't change my opinion on gun control. In every other way, I'm probably pretty conservative. But then again in this country, it was the conservative government that increased the gun control. In this country, it is the loonie, right-wing, ultra-nationalists who want everyone to have a gun.

------------------
                    !copitsweet!
                    There is no sense common to us all

Comment

Originally posted by mac90:
                      No Dear, it means that in my opinion many people who go to college, since many colleges are bastions of the left, that some people hiring them may want to hire those types for that reason, and that those 'programmed' that way, are more likely to believe unconstitutional bullsh*t.
                      So you don't plan on sending you kids to college, then?

------------------
                      Cheers.

Mick

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2534 users online. 143 members and 2391 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X