300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated!

I hate my cable company! Spent the last 15 minutes venting my frustrations to them because my cable died. It's out in my area, which really bites. I had to go back to the old phone line to get online.

OMG! This is so bad! I am so addicted to the net. I know there's a 12 step program for this sort of addiction...I know because I found it online!

Question is, how am I going to manage for a whole week without being online? Poor blondie, I know how she feels!

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

I feel your pain... I just moved to a new place and have digital cable and a box and it's been a month now and they have NO idea why the box isn't working. DSL won't be available here for 2 more weeks and I refuse to get their cable modem because my cable company is so unreliable. I'll suffer on dialup and do most of my surfing while I'm at work.

David

Comment

oh boy, do I hate cable. They have cut mine off twice by accident in a year. They have plenty enough time to cut it off, but when you call them its always gonna take until "tomorrow" to get someone out. I use cable for my TV and computer and have never been late on a bill. There are a lot of illegal hookups in my apts and they audit all of the time. For some reason they keep turning mine off too. Sometimes I could just come unglued on them.

Comment

I have digital cable for tv and computer. Works like a charm...never had any problems with it.

Mike

Comment

I love my cable! My computer just FLIES!

Comment

The one problem with having lots of bandwidth is you always want more.
            An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

Sounds like your cable companies are as bad as ours !!

Charge a fortune for internet access via cable but won't fix it when it dies.

Not to mention my inter-active cable television, which is so interactive it actually tells me that it is not working and won't be fixed in my part of the UK until December...

Ukcop
              "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

Comment

You people are just spoiled. Back when I was a kid, we had the original cable! Two tin cans with a string tied between them. Don probably used smoke signals.

Comment

My average download speed is 75-80k/second.

Gotten up to 500k/sec before though.

Mike

Comment

wow cable you guys are so rich there lmaoo cable here and if you can get it in your area costs $80.00 a month, now katey about your frustration maybe i can help there

Comment

what about the brown remote control box that was the size of a shoebox. It was connected to the TV with a thick cable. The buttons were like the standard buttons on a blender, and it had a little toggle switch on one side to change it to the next level of channels....circa 70's

[This message has been edited by goodside (edited 06-28-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by mac90:
                        Don probably used smoke signals.
                        That's how I got hooked on cigars!

------------------
                        I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3785 users online. 196 members and 3589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X