300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading?

Whew...I finally got all my books unpacked (I have a huge library) at home since I moved. I just got finished reading The Killing Game by Iris Johansson (whih wasn't very good btw) and now I am reading When the Wind Blows by James Patterson. I'm also reading a new book I just got yesterday by my favorite photographer in the whole wide world, Jodi Cobb, on the secret world of the Japanese geishas.

So, what are you reading? Or, if you don't have time to read, who are your favorite authors/books/genre?
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

I'm almost done with "What Cops Know" by Connie Fletcher. When I done I'll start with the Lord of the Ring books.
    LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

Comment

Gonna re-read the Harry Potter books, just finished re-reading Rainbow Six. Now that I think about it, that's a weird switch between the two...
      I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

A Stuart Woods' novel.....can't remember the title, though. It's pretty good.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I am just finishing up a Great book called "The Merger". It is a non-fiction account of the current state of international crime syndicates and how they work and cooperate with each other. Focuses alot on the Former Soviet Union Groups (Russian Mob). But also talks of LCN, Middle East Terrorists and various South American Groups like the Columbian Cartels.

Comment

Ugh, I tried reading Tom Clancy and he bored me to tears.. I do want to read the Harry Potter books though. But I have a pile of about 15 books I want to read before I start in on those.

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I'm just finishing MaCarthys Bar by Pete MaCarthy. He a journalist who has travelled around Eire tracing some of his roots. It is one of the funniest books I have ever read. His 1st rule when travelling is never to pass a bar with your name on the front The book has been in the top 10 for nearly a year, well worth a read, guaranteed to make you laugh. Gonna start his next book, The road to MaCarthy, where he travels across the globe looking for places that share his name.
              sigpic
              Scream if you wanna go faster

Comment

Hmm...just finished A Separate Peaceby John Knowles and Silas Marner by George Eliot. Started Huckleberry Finn and Antigone this weekend.

For fun I re-read The War Against the Chtorr series by David Gerrold (awesome!) and Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates by Tom Robbins.

For bedside reading I have Why the Allies Won by Richard Overy and Mindhunter by John Douglas when I need to remind myself why I'm doing those f#ing push-ups. I've been paging through Cooper's Commentaries while at school, and I do need to get my hands on What Cops Know...that looks good.

Oh yeah...I'm also working on my own book.
                I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

I liked A Seperate Peace. In fact, I own a paperback copy of it.

I've never been one to write fiction but I've been working on a screenplay for about three years now. I work on it whenever I can snatch a few moments of time.. Before school started, I used to go to my fav coffeehouse and write until the wee hours of the morning but with school and work, I have no free time anymore.

What is your book about Lictalon? Or at least, what genre is it?

[ 11-19-2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: RachelR ]

Comment

I started a book.....once. I got the first chapter semi-finished(?), then.....nothing. I haven't done anything on it in months.
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I just finished "From a Buick 8" by Stephen King. He's my favorite and I have all his novels under that name in hardback. I guess if he's retiring now, I'll have to start collecting his works under his pen names.
                      "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

"One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish"

compelling and yet thought provoking.

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Kama Sutra, lotsa neat pictures too.

Comment

I tried reading "Red Rabbit" by Tom Clancy ... it's a technical manual with characters. He hasn't had a good book in waaay too long (I'd say "Sum of All Fears").

I'm re-reading "Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card. Great book.

Comment

quote:
                              guess if he's retiring now, I'll have to start collecting his works under his pen names.

WHAT! He's retiring! Or is he just retiring writing under the name Stephen King?

I put From a Buick 8 on my Christmas wish list actually.. I have nearly every book of his too but not in hardback. Too expensive. He and Edgar Allen Poe and Richard Matheson are my favorite authors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 356 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X