Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we really don't want them to grow up !!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we really don't want them to grow up !!!!

when i look at my 16 year old son i think, "thanks God...i did ONE thing right in my life!!"

"To My Child"

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.

Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you
    one if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you
    are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a "Happy Meal" so you can have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift
    ever given.

I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their
    children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and
    screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank the Lord for you, and ask
    Him for nothing, except one more day..
    I'll post, You argue.

I don't have any kids but my friend has two boys that I love as my own. Jordan started kindergarden this year and he's become such a big boy.. I look at him and wonder where all the years have gone by... he's growing up so fast.
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Hey! Grandpa and Grandma already do all that.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Mine is 26.....Time goes too fast. My husband's boss is a workaholic...It's been three weeks since he's seen his wife and kids and that of his own free will. He told my H he had to travel with him and my H told him no, he wasn't going to be away from his family that long because life is too short. He told him to listen to the song, "Cat in the Cradle".
        Life is not a given and family is too important.

[ 11-19-2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Hey that was actually pretty cool. The things we do in life, often cause us to over look the important stuff. Like spending time with our kids.
          My two girls LOVE Mc Ds.( except when daddy steals their toys)

Comment

i agree with you mitzi on "cat in the cradle". if you don't spend and appreciate time with your kids, before it they are gone and putting their own lives together.

everyday my wife says "our son is growing up". it seems like yesterday we were walking to the store for ice cream, or he was sitting outside in his "kiddie" pool, and was starting pre school. now he's a junior in high school, looking ahead to college and whatever else is down the path.

even now i really do miss the days when he was little and i'd walk in the door and be greeted by a "hi daddy!!"

that's why it just sickens me when i see the way some people abuse and/or neglect their kids. you will never have a greater gift in life than your kids (unless you have grandkids!!)
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4428 users online. 256 members and 4172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X