Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local police supply store offers Free Donuts!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Local police supply store offers Free Donuts!

    Hello all, I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first post found out about this and thought for sure some of you would get a chuckle out of this. Others might get offended, I apologize, and I
    Last edited by Duckey; 08-19-2004, 11:29 PM.

  • #2
    Personally, it would be a cold day in hell before I would buy anything from them. That's an insulting stereotype that doesn't need to be perpetuated through advertising.
    "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by retdetsgt
      Personally, it would be a cold day in hell before I would buy anything from them. That's an insulting stereotype that doesn't need to be perpetuated through advertising.
      As far as it being "an insulting stereotype" its all in how you perceive it. they didn
      Last edited by Duckey; 08-20-2004, 12:50 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by retdetsgt
        Personally, it would be a cold day in hell before I would buy anything from them. That's an insulting stereotype that doesn't need to be perpetuated through advertising.
        Also Just curious what do you find Insulting aobut donuts? or a company givng away donuts? would it be as insulting if they gave away bagels or free lunch at a diner?

        Comment


        • #5
          mmmmm donuts

          "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Duckey
            Also Just curious what do you find Insulting aobut donuts? or a company givng away donuts? would it be as insulting if they gave away bagels or free lunch at a diner?
            How many jokes and/or comics have you seen making fun of cops eating donuts? Then how many about eating bagels or eating in a diner?
            "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE]Originally posted by Duckey
              [B] Do you despise all TV show or movie that serotype police officers? C
              "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

              Comment


              • #8
                im not firedup at all just found it odd it sounded like you got quite offended by the offer this company was making. but thats what we get for talking on a message board.

                Smile eat a donut j/k

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by retdetsgt
                  How many jokes and/or comics have you seen making fun of cops eating donuts? Then how many about eating bagels or eating in a diner?
                  How many of the jokes and/or comics offended you? how many offend you to the point where you wouldnt buy the paper, or frequent the establishment that the comic was housed in because it referenced the stereotype of a cop and donuts? its the same thing. I guess when i read your responce, and took it that you were so offened you wouldnt shop at that location until hell froze, it reminded me of how my grandparent, and other old people, have a 1 track mind and take everything so damn serious, and make it almost impossible to explain something different. like i said most every one here in my Dept. thought it was funny as hell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Duckey
                    How many of the jokes and/or comics offended you? how many offend you to the point where you wouldnt buy the paper, or frequent the establishment that the comic was housed in because it referenced the stereotype of a cop and donuts? its the same thing. I guess when i read your responce, and took it that you were so offened you wouldnt shop at that location until hell froze, it reminded me of how my grandparent, and other old people, have a 1 track mind and take everything so damn serious, and make it almost impossible to explain something different. like i said most every one here in my Dept. thought it was funny as hell.
                    Not as long as there are other places to buy what I need. Last I read, it's still a free country and I can shop where I like. I would chose not to patronize a store that perpetuates that stereotype. It's fine that the guys in your dept think it's funny. I don't care if you shop there or not, I would choose not to. Again, it doesn't matter one way or the other, I just wouldn't shop there. Get over it. Why the stuff about the one track mind? What called for the personal insults?
                    "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey bud, i never said YOU had a one track mind. i said it reminded me of my grand parrents nad other old people who had a one track mind. you get offended verry easily. geeez. get over it drive threw. feel free to pick apart this post as well im sure ive said soemthing in here that will offend you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Duckey
                        Hey bud, i never said YOU had a one track mind. i said it reminded me of my grand parrents nad other old people who had a one track mind.
                        I didn't say I was offended, I just asked why you brought it up. Then again, who cares? Go enjoy your donut. Hope no one else disagrees with you while you're here. It seems to really get under your skin.
                        Last edited by retdetsgt; 08-20-2004, 04:35 PM.
                        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          plenty for us all i'll share

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They do look good!
                            "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              They need chocolate or some kind of filling..strawberry or lemon.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8981 users online. 402 members and 8579 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X